Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 08-22-2012, 08:26 AM

Default sunday archery

can we hunt with a bow on a Sunday during archery season?
we can hunt birds with a shotgun, can we hunt deer with a bow?
Old 08-22-2012, 08:33 AM

.....might as well say it....

There is this great little document called the "2012 Alberta Hunting Regulations".....it has all the answers you seek. If you have read it really well front to back several times and still have these questions....please return here and ask

LC
Old 08-22-2012, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
.....might as well say it....

There is this great little document called the "2012 Alberta Hunting Regulations".....it has all the answers you seek. If you have read it really well front to back several times and still have these questions....please return here and ask

LC
Ditto!
Old 08-22-2012, 08:44 AM

Default #

Times 3 -Regs are like the _____
Old 08-22-2012, 08:46 AM

Sit in your black dually and read the regs,
Old 08-22-2012, 09:16 AM

YA! beat it back to Quebec Frenchi! these forums are not for sharing advice about the outdoors or hunting with the likes of people like you. We will take the time to point out your obvious ignorance without answering your questions cause you obviously are just looking for us to do the work for you. Your kind should stay out of the bush and off this forum!

P.S. the information you are looking for is on page 19 of the regs. (item 14)
Old 08-22-2012, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukwild View Post
YA! beat it back to Quebec Frenchi! these forums are not for sharing advice about the outdoors or hunting with the likes of people like you. We will take the time to point out your obvious ignorance without answering your questions cause you obviously are just looking for us to do the work for you. Your kind should stay out of the bush and off this forum!

Sarcasm doesn't do well on the interweb unless you place an appropriate sarcasm emoticon in your sarcastic comments.

Really, a guy has to read (and know) the regs......the answers for his question aren't covered in one paragraph. The answers are: Maybe (which WMU), yes and yes (with the right equipment).
Old 08-22-2012, 10:51 AM

Quote:

I'm not from Quebec stupid!!!! go back to school
Old 08-22-2012, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchie125 View Post
I'm not from Quebec stupid!!!! go back to school
^^ See the post above. He was "obviously" being sarcastic. Okay it wasn't obvious but I'm pretty sure he was actually giving some of the previous posters a bit of a hard time for telling you to "look it up in the regs.". He even gave you the place to look. He wasn't actually telling you to go back to Quebec. He was being sarcastic and telling some of the others on here to cut you a break.

After you've been here awhile you will see that most times when a person asks a question about the regs. the default answer on this forums is, "look it up". That is why LC said " I might as well say it now" because he has seen it enough to know that there is 10 guys who will post, "look it up" in the next 1/2 hour. Any way welcome to the forum. and consider yourself privy to one of its little quirks.

BTW it's never a bad idea to know the regs but it is also nice to cut guys some slack.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:27 AM

I caught the sarcasm right away, but I thought the P.S., where he answers the guy's question, did a perfect job solidifying it.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:40 AM

Quote:

Pull your collar up pal, your red neck is showing
Old 08-22-2012, 12:58 PM

Quote:
no, find another passtime. fishing is fun....
Old 08-22-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Read your regulations from front to back, do this as many time as needed to understand the answers to your questions. Tha answers are there.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:20 PM

Too funny!
Old 08-22-2012, 05:27 PM

The answer is mostly yes. You can hunt on Sunday's in several WMU's (in Alberta) Bow, Rifle, or Shotgun. Check the regulations for exceptions....there are a few.

As to the other rude posts...If it bugs you so much don't even respond.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:28 PM

Default Regs

Give this guy a break. He was looking for a simple answer to a simple question. I am sure he has read the regs before but there's a lot of info to take in. I gain more info each time I look at them. I tell my newbs at work that I train that there are no stupid questions... If you don't know something ask because If I find you out here three months down the road and your doing x when you should be doing Y, you are gonna catch sh@t. Same thing applies to hunting. This guy has only posted 7 times since November 2011 and asks a legit question that's not to hard to answer and the responses are ridiculous. I guess we will talk to you again in 2013 Frenchie125.

Big Game
It is unlawful to
14. hunt big game on Sundays:
l in WMUs 102 – 166,
l in WMUs 624, 728, 730 and 936.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal View Post
Give this guy a break. He was looking for a simple answer to a simple question. I am sure he has read the regs before but there's a lot of info to take in. I gain more info each time I look at them. I tell my newbs at work that I train that there are no stupid questions... If you don't know something ask because If I find you out here three months down the road and your doing x when you should be doing Y, you are gonna catch sh@t. Same thing applies to hunting. This guy has only posted 7 times since November 2011 and asks a legit question that's not to hard to answer and the responses are ridiculous. I guess we will talk to you again in 2013 Frenchie125.

Big Game
It is unlawful to
14. hunt big game on Sundays:
l in WMUs 102 – 166,
l in WMUs 624, 728, 730 and 936.
X2

Good luck hunting Frenchie!