What's the gas price in your area

South Calgary 159.9
Country Hills area 156.9
Cross Irons Petro Canada 144.9 ???

I asked why and was told the Carbon tax relief until Labour Day took
effect!!!

Is that true
Old 06-08-2024, 09:50 PM

^ Doubt. 156.9 in Peace River and it has been that way for months now.
Old 06-09-2024, 08:25 AM

Kelowna $162, fill up before you vacation BC.

My blog - casting on the waters

fishing regulations and facts on fish handling
Fishing Regulations
Old 06-09-2024, 08:28 AM

Costco @EIA: $137.9
Old 06-09-2024, 08:38 AM

Costco regular fuel prices
June 5
Medicine Hat $1.489
Regina $1.449

June 7
Winnipeg $1.199

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 06-09-2024, 10:09 AM

Local service stations are all at $145.9
Costco is at $139.9
I in Fort Saskatchewan.
Old 06-09-2024, 10:17 AM

Price has nothing to do with oil prices. Need to watch "Big Oil" namely Shell and Imperial etc. They just move prices as high as their Greed will allow then force smaller companies to align behind them. We have cheapest oil in world even lower than Russia with sanctions (Western Select) but pay very high gas and diesel prices. Americans only paying average of $1.00/liter with our cheap oil.
PS Price of most oils dropped almost $5/barrel in last few weeks.
Old 06-09-2024, 10:31 AM

Red Deer Costco - $1.399

R/D Canadian Tire - $1.439

A couple stations @ $1.449

The rest @ $1.479 & $1.579
Old 06-09-2024, 10:38 AM

Last work trip to High Level for regular it’s like
$1.79
Old 06-09-2024, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
Price has nothing to do with oil prices. Need to watch "Big Oil" namely Shell and Imperial etc. They just move prices as high as their Greed will allow then force smaller companies to align behind them. We have cheapest oil in world even lower than Russia with sanctions (Western Select) but pay very high gas and diesel prices. Americans only paying average of $1.00/liter with our cheap oil.
Yup...the Petro-Can on 111th Ave and 124th St in Edmonton conveniently and routinely raise their price early in the morning as people who didn't plan ahead are on their way to work and realize they need fuel, then lower it later in the day.
Old 06-09-2024, 11:15 AM

Manitoba has the cheapest gas in the country - not that that does us any good in AB.

Nationally in the US gas came down .06/gal this week. Good.news for Biden
Old 06-09-2024, 11:31 AM

Not trying to defend the oil companies, Canada has a huge problem with lack of competition in communications, banking, gas, groceries, utilites and a ton more. We still have grocery store shelves that are half empty, not because there isn't enough stock, it is strictly because the store have learned they can cut choice way back and people will still buy. In the States, and I was just down there, grocery store shelves are packed becuase if one place won't carry a selection you can go to the next and get what you want versus what they want to carry.

That said, gas prices in that States vary by over a $1 a gallon from one State to another, for the same reason they do here, transport and taxes. Also 3.78 U.S. a gallon is a buck a litre, but that is $1.38 a litre Canadian, and all oil is priced in U.S. dollars.

Our biggest issue is being taxed to death on every single thing. The average Canadian pays more in total taxes than 50 percent of what they make. That is our communist governments telling us they know how to spend our hard earned money better than we do.
Old 06-09-2024, 12:01 PM

Gas buddy is pretty accurate

https://www.gasbuddy.com/gasprices/alberta/calgary
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 06-09-2024, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Not trying to defend the oil companies, Canada has a huge problem with lack of competition in communications, banking, gas, groceries, utilites and a ton more. We still have grocery store shelves that are half empty, not because there isn't enough stock, it is strictly because the store have learned they can cut choice way back and people will still buy. In the States, and I was just down there, grocery store shelves are packed becuase if one place won't carry a selection you can go to the next and get what you want versus what they want to carry.

That said, gas prices in that States vary by over a $1 a gallon from one State to another, for the same reason they do here, transport and taxes. Also 3.78 U.S. a gallon is a buck a litre, but that is $1.38 a litre Canadian, and all oil is priced in U.S. dollars.

Our biggest issue is being taxed to death on every single thing. The average Canadian pays more in total taxes than 50 percent of what they make. That is our communist governments telling us they know how to spend our hard earned money better than we do.
This all day long, especially the taxation part. Every time a new useless feel good tax is implemented or tax rates increase, prices go up accordingly and exponentially. Consumers continue to pick up the ever increasing tab. Immigration policies certainly won't help in the near term either, demand>supply=increased costs for everything.

The only things you can do to offset these continuous increases are either consume less, buy shares in the utilities/banks/oil companies/grocery chains, or move to another country.
Old 06-09-2024, 02:44 PM

I noticed passing through Fort Sask today that several stations (don’t know address out there) it was $145.9 along main road through town.
Flying J Edmonton is at $147.9
Old 06-09-2024, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post

X2, and yet with all that taxation and the apparent extraordinary value we get (so we’re told), the largest city in Alberta has a drinking water crisis. Figure that one out…
Old 06-09-2024, 08:01 PM

Default gas

not sure where 1.38/l comes from, but just in montana and gas is 3.25 a gallon or 0.81 cents a liter usd... so say 1.12 cdn a liter

and right we have taxes up the azzzz but then again we have free health care????
Old 06-09-2024, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gevarm guy View Post
not sure where 1.38/l comes from, but just in montana and gas is 3.25 a gallon or 0.81 cents a liter usd... so say 1.12 cdn a liter

and right we have taxes up the azzzz but then again we have free health care????
There are 3.78 lites per U.S. gallon. At 3.78 a gallon U.S. that is 1 buck a liter. After exchange that is 1.38 Canadian per litre right now, so that is where it comes from. Simple math. As far as your calculation 3.25 is 86 cents a litre or $1.20 Canadian a litre.

Gas In Moab Utah was 4.02 U.S. when were there a few weeks ago and even higher in northern Airzona.

Last edited by Dean2; 06-09-2024 at 08:32 PM.
Old 06-10-2024, 12:10 PM

Dean, we produce over 5 million barrels per day of oil in Canada, and have cheapest oil in world. Our oil is produced by oilfield workers payed Ca $'s and oilfield equipment is produced by local companies payed in Ca$. Our gas and diesel pumps are set in Ca$. Please explain why we would even give a sht if US prices oil in American $$, until we sell oil to them.
Old 06-10-2024, 01:09 PM

Taxes are killing the average Canadian's disposable income and we are still driving on crappy roads, our schools are over crowded and I can't find a family doctor and have to wait 2 months for an appointment even though I live near several urban centers.

Gas prices are based on what the consumer will pay, not what the price of oil is.

What grocery chain in its right mind would come to Canada where they have to pay outrageous prices for property and they'd be regulated nearly to death. If they did manage to turn a profit, they'd pay it all back in taxes and Trudeau's Liberals would drag their senior management team in front of a house of commons committee to explain why they are gouging consumers. Only a fool like Trudeau could chirp about a lack of competition in Canada and in the same breath disparage the companies who are making a thin margin.

It might work for a large grocer who can get a lobbyist with NDP connections to work for them. Trudeau and the media leave Metro alone, so it's paying off for them to have hired Jagmeet Singh's brother.

Gerry Burnie
Old 06-10-2024, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Dean, we produce over 5 million barrels per day of oil in Canada, and have cheapest oil in world. Our oil is produced by oilfield workers payed Ca $'s and oilfield equipment is produced by local companies payed in Ca$. Our gas and diesel pumps are set in Ca$. Please explain why we would even give a sht if US prices oil in American $$, until we sell oil to them.
I know for a fact you are smarter than that. Oil company produces oil and pays CDN to do it. Lets say total cost of production is $30 Cdn after royalties or $20 U.S. Oil world wide is priced in U.S. dollars. It can sell all the oil it produces for $75 U.S. a barrel, whether to a Canadian refiner or a U.S. one. Why would they sell it for less than that? That is why we care that all oil is priced in U.S. dollars.
Old 06-10-2024, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Does our oil require the same amount of refining as Russia’s? Does extracting, transporting, refining, and retailing our fuel encounter the same environmental, safety, employment standards and taxes as Russia? How much carbon tax does Russia pay.

Instead of being a broken record, why don’t you start an energy company. You will be a billionaire before you finish this sentence. Personally I am glad Canadian energy is a healthy industry, it’s funding my and many others retirements.
Old 06-10-2024, 05:45 PM

$1.31 in the Peg this morning
Came home to NS to between 1.70 and 1.71 in NS

Of course the 0.21/litre in Carbon Tax that we pay in NS has nothing to do with this because we all know that the Clown Prince, Princess Freemoney and Guilbeaultcchio are giving more money back to us than we pay in and they always tell the TRUTH

Um, that's what they keep saying anyway and if that's not quite true, well they also say that 'some Canadians can afford to pay more tax to make the system more fair"

I was going to write more but it's all been said before and it's all true and the mods wouldn't let me post it anyway
Old 06-10-2024, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC View Post
Taxes are killing the average Canadian's disposable income and we are still driving on crappy roads, our schools are over crowded and I can't find a family doctor and have to wait 2 months for an appointment even though I live near several urban centers.
Its only going to get worse. According to the latest figures I've heard healthcare takes 40% of our yearly tax revenue. Current interest rates on the deficit takes care of another 40% just to pay the interest and pays nothing on the principal debt that keeps growing because they keep borrowing. That leaves 20% for roads, schools and everything else. If these numbers are incorrect please enlighten me, I pray they are incorrect

As I see it our roads, schools, healthcare, and everything else the gov't provides as poor as they are now is unsustainable. We are headed either for economic collapse and bankruptcy or massive cutbacks. The longer we keep up this charade the farther the fall will be. How much longer can this house of cards keep going.
Old 06-12-2024, 10:29 AM

Hyper, I worked for a number of "Big Oil" companies in Alberta. I know the games major American Oil Companies play with their largest oil supplier next door like charge us a $15 premium to ship our Western Select oil. Their are 150 oil products produced in world and only ours has shipping charge deducted.
Old 06-12-2024, 02:18 PM

Just got back from a little trip to iceland and paid $3.60 a litre...almost made me proud to ONLY have to pay $1.50 a litre.
Old 06-12-2024, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Hyper, I worked for a number of "Big Oil" companies in Alberta. I know the games major American Oil Companies play with their largest oil supplier next door like charge us a $15 premium to ship our Western Select oil. Their are 150 oil products produced in world and only ours has shipping charge deducted.
Are you sure about that? Also, you never answered any of my questions.
Old 06-13-2024, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordfishing View Post
What's the gas price in your area

South Calgary 159.9
Country Hills area 156.9
Cross Irons Petro Canada 144.9 ???

I asked why and was told the Carbon tax relief until Labour Day took
effect!!!

Is that true
$140.9 Cross Iron Petro Canada today
Old 06-13-2024, 08:20 AM

$1.179 at Winnipeg Costco this morning.
Other stations range from $1.299 to $1.379. I'm really curious how they have PST included in the price and still have cheaper gas than Alberta?
Maybe our resident oil company experts would like to explain it for us?

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 06-13-2024, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban rednek View Post
$1.179 at Winnipeg Costco this morning.
Other stations range from $1.299 to $1.379. I'm really curious how they have PST included in the price and still have cheaper gas than Alberta?
Maybe our resident oil company experts would like to explain it for us?
Read this. Short form, no Federal Carbon tax on Fuel in Manitoba.

https://www.canada.ca/en/environment...will-work.html