Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-28-2021, 08:01 AM

Default Homemade tools. Lets see em!

Every once in a while we come across a need for a specific tool or something for the garage/shop to make life easier. Sometimes a tool doesn't exist, we don't want to buy it or for some of us, its not worth a trip to town. These days I have been running into more specialty tools being on back order too.

What have you guys built? Extra credit for pictures. I'll try and fine some to take pictures of. (Hack disclaimer: some of the tools/implements I have built were made in a pinch to get that job done, with no plan of ever using again or showing anyone, some of it is ROUGH)
Old 03-30-2021, 09:34 AM

Well, not many bites. I guess we could open it up to useful things you've built too?

I have already posted a few of these in the past but I'll go first...

Two burner forge-

Anvil Stand Made with two flanges, 2 3/8 pipe and full of sand (home made welding bench in background)

Hydraulic crimper. I needed to crimp some 0 Ga. Cable ends without removing cables from the truck. I couldn't find a hydraulic crimper for sale in my area so I built this for a hammer style crimper. It worked like a dream.

Old 04-18-2021, 01:30 PM

Made a few things here n there but never took pics These have come in really handy more than once when dealing with old shut-off valves.

Made something similar to your last pic to press out/in ball joints as Loan-A-Tool was not an option.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg plmbg caps.jpg (96.7 KB, 163 views)
Old 04-18-2021, 05:07 PM

Good thread...... hope for lots of replies