Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-02-2019, 12:07 PM

Default Need advice for Floor installers

I am looking for recommendation for a flooring company or installer to install Vinyl plank in my house in Sherwood Park.
Will be thankful for your advice what is better hire private installer or go with company ( which is more expensive but they give me warranty)?

Last edited by sailor; 08-02-2019 at 12:20 PM.
Old 08-02-2019, 10:33 PM

I’m doing this as we speak, lol! I gave a job to Lidia Flooring. They are on a west end, they did my friends new house a few months ago and did an amazing job. My buddy is very anal about quality and even he said that he couldn’t complain.
They are replacing the floors for us and building us a new larger shower as well.
Pm me if you need the contact info.
Old 08-03-2019, 12:05 AM
Banned

I got bailed out hard by a guy off kijiji who fixed one of my rental reno projects that went sideways quickly. Long story short everyone blamed the flooring for the issues we were having. It was Jun 30th. Had 1000 square feet left to go and had tenants moving in the next day.

No one would come finish it for me with july 1 being a holiday weekend. 2 contractors who showed up bailed after arriving. I thought I'd be paying my tenants hotel or storage fees for the place not being rented.

Somehow some way a guy off kijiji offered to do the job for 1.50 a square foot. He arrived and saved the day. There was nothing wrong with the laminate. He stayed till midnight and came back at 8 am the next day as he knew I was in a blind. Funniest part... we had thousands of dollars in tools and this guy used 80% less tools then we had there.

Hes done 4 other properties for me or other friends. Hes been a great handy man for odd jobs.

I've never been so thankful in my entire life then I was there. My tenants movers were moving stuff into the place as he finished the last few pieces.

If you need a guy I can shoot you a PM with his #. Hes close to Sherwood park area.
Old 08-03-2019, 10:40 AM

$1.50 is super cheap! The ongoing rates are $2.50-$3.00 sq.ft. And if he is doing a great job- it’s a bonus! Lol! I had guys from kijiji fixing/working on my rental properties and it was acceptable for rentals. But for my personal residence they were not good enough. Rental is different, my approach is this- i don’t need 100% , if they are cheap and can achieve 80% - I’m good with that.
Old 08-03-2019, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3illy View Post
Somehow some way a guy off kijiji offered to do the job for 1.50 a square foot. He arrived and saved the day. There was nothing wrong with the laminate. He stayed till midnight and came back at 8 am the next day as he knew I was in a blind. Funniest part... we had thousands of dollars in tools and this guy used 80% less tools then we had there.

Hes done 4 other properties for me or other friends. Hes been a great handy man for odd jobs.

I've never been so thankful in my entire life then I was there. My tenants movers were moving stuff into the place as he finished the last few pieces.

If you need a guy I can shoot you a PM with his #. Hes close to Sherwood park area.
Hey, could you shoot me this guy's phone number please?