Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-11-2015, 09:44 PM

Question Calgary Gun Show

Hey, just curious how good this gun show is in Calgary, or if I'm not missing much. Went to the Lethbridge one a few weeks ago, and the Claresholm one last year.

Is it sorta similar to these two? Just a big ol room with a ton of tables and people selling all sorts of stuff. Old army paraphernalia, knives, swords, books, oddball ammunition, weird and old firearms?

Or is it a little bit better, more booths, people from out of province as well, not so much selling crap, but decent stuff, newer stuff, things I might actually have a use for.

Thanks
Old 03-11-2015, 09:54 PM

Default Calgary show

Cant even begin to compare the Calgary show to the rest! Calgary is the biggest show in Canada. Picture 4 football fields under one roof, lined with tables of all assortments of goodies for the likes of us!!!
Hundreds of private and commercial dealers will be there. Private collectors and dealers from all over the country.
Old 03-11-2015, 10:05 PM

^^^ what he said! the show in canada by which all others are judged.
will be there with a couple tables this year again. painting a new batch of gongs, shooting rests, and shooting stools this week. will have some annealers and shooting bags as well. gonna be a busy time!

1. People who list their arguments in bullets points or numerical order generally come off as condescending pecker heads.

2. #1 is true.
Old 03-11-2015, 10:30 PM

Been to both Lethbridge and Calgary shows many times. Honestly the only difference is there are many more dealers at the Calgary show. Prophet river, wholesale, atrs, Korth, P&D to name a few, plus a couple gun smiths. But really the prices I have seen haven't been great at the Calgary show, pretty much like the EE on CGN.

That said I haven't missed a show in a long time! Nothing like pushing along with a crowd trying to find the couple small things I really need.
Old 03-11-2015, 11:31 PM

It is a big 'un, and as a result is more likely to have something to interest you. It does draw some professional vendors from other provinces as already noted, Wolverine from Manitoba and some shop from Saskatoon who's name escapes me; P&D come down from Edmonton and the local stores tend to have big sales that weekend to draw in shoppers who've come to town for the show. There's vendors selling tactical and combat type clothes, Korth Agencies run a booth, guys with reloading components, cutlery, etc. It would be nice if more deals were to be had so far as pricing goes, but there will be a few.
Old 03-12-2015, 12:18 AM

Can't even begin to compare Leth & Claresholm to Calgary show. Calgary has vendors from Man, Sask, Alberta and BC, sometimes from the US or England.
Won't see it all there every year, each year is a bit different, never know what new thing you may see.
Old 03-12-2015, 09:04 AM

I go to Calgary every year and it's by far the best show around. I get both my fill of firearms and militaria. It's a really great show and is a must see.

Cheers
Chris
Old 03-12-2015, 09:08 AM

Calgary show? When where? Link? Gracias.
Old 03-12-2015, 09:13 AM

April 3rd and 4th is what Google tells me.
Old 03-12-2015, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post

http://calgarygunshow.com/shows.html
April 3rd. & 4th./2015 - A.A.C.C.A. Calgary - Easter Weekend - BMO Stampede Fri. 9:30 to 5:00; Sat. 9:30 to 4:00; Admission $10.00 - Ladies & children 12 & under w/an adult free.
ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 03-12-2015, 12:18 PM

Nice thanks. Good to hear some decent feedback for it. Sounds like a decent show not to miss. Only crappy part is they picked a silly weekend ha
Old 03-12-2015, 12:48 PM

I would sure LOVE to goto the gunshow. I will be travelling down to Cochrane on Friday April 3 to bring the grandkids to visit my parents for Easter. Only thing is Saturday April 4th is my Dad's 82nd birthday so it just wouldn't be right to not spend that day with him.

Oh well. Just like this weekend... I wanted to slip away today to goto Edmonton for the Sportsman show and look at some boats, but last minute proposals need to get out to clients for future work this summer so that take priority now for tenders that close tomorrow. Plus my 2 boys have an NHL Alumni hockey camp that starts Friday night and goes thru to sunday afternoon so I couldn't make it to Edmonton any other day but Thursday/Friday....would of been a LONG day trip.
Old 03-23-2015, 08:46 PM

Military per's whom present ID cards get free admission.....
free to worship in my own way,
free to stand for what I think right,
free to oppose what I believe wrong,
or free to choose those
who shall govern my country.
This heritage of freedom
I pledge to uphold
for myself and all mankind.”

— John Diefenbaker
Old 03-23-2015, 09:25 PM

Best show. Currently on course at the PRTC in Chilliwack and the big BC show happened to be on a few weeks ago. It was big, but not as big as Calgary. Also, no displays of gun collections. That's probably the best part of the Calgary show, all the history in under one roof.
Old 03-23-2015, 10:26 PM

Kamloops Gun show is a big one too. Maybe a bit bigger than Calgary show. Much more shooting in BC than AB. Many small towns host competitive matches.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:23 AM

Default Calgary Show

I believe there is a city bi-law that prohibits gun powder for sale at this show?I've been going for years and lately find many people asking stupid prices for used and worn out junk.There are some deals but you have to really look.It would be nice if they gave you a map of sorts at the door as finding something you saw a few rows back can be entertaining...I'm still going.........Harold
Old 03-24-2015, 06:42 AM

It's going to be fun!! Expect a line up and parking frenzy. Haggling/ wheeling and dealing is part of the game. He who pulls the trigger first gets it!! Don't be surprised if you think it will be there in an hour or two and its gone for ever- if you like it, buy it!!

Last edited by crosman177; 03-24-2015 at 06:48 AM.
Old 03-24-2015, 05:53 PM
Banned

I'll be there with 2 tables to display.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:41 PM

Default should be there

Friend invited me to put up a display about the gamebird shooting preserve on his table
Old 03-24-2015, 09:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post

Every year, Easter weekend...

Old 03-31-2015, 10:49 AM

Default Gunshow reminder

*A.A.C.C.A.* Calgary - Gunshow
Easter Weekend - April 3 & 4 / 15
BMO center Stampede grounds
Fri. 9:30am to 5:00pm
Sat. 9:30am to 4:00pm
Admission $10.00 -
Ladies & children 12 & under with
adult free.
Military members present ID card
for free admission
Old 04-01-2015, 06:35 AM

I'll be driving all the way from Regina SK just to go to the gun show! PLEASE if ANYONE finds a LEFT HAND BROWNING A BOLT MICRO 2 IN 22 HORNET, LEFT HAND TIKKA M695 in 222 OR LEFT HAND SAVAGE 17 MACH 2, I WILL BUY IT! No questions asked on quality. It's been many years in the search for these lol