Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-28-2024, 08:44 PM

Default Grounding / Earthing

I searched the forum and I didn’t find any threads on this topic before…

I recently started “grounding” myself for portions of the walks I take with my dog and I can’t believe the difference I am feeling from it, even in a short time! I already knew how much I enjoy being outside and spending time in nature but I’m surprised at how much walking barefoot for ~35 minutes daily in the grass has bumped up my experience.

I decided to look into the “why does this feel so good” further, and I remembered a documentary I had bookmarked to watch for further investigation at a later date. Ended up finding it free on YouTube, it’s about 1hr 15min for anyone interested. I thought it was worth sharing.
see

If you have any thoughts opinions musings experiences, I’d love to hear em!
Old 05-28-2024, 08:52 PM

It’s pretty hippy stuff for sure.

But my wife brought home some grounding bed sheets once. They plugged into the wall so I suspect they tied into the grounding of the house. I remember sleeping really well, not sur why we never got a set to keep.
Old 05-28-2024, 09:02 PM

And here I was thinking this was going to be an electrical discussion...

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 05-28-2024, 09:10 PM

I just can’t go barefoot. The risk of stepping on glass or a nail has me in shoes.
Old 05-28-2024, 09:32 PM

I urinate outside a lot. I hear that stuff works pretty good as a conductor. Does that count?

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk
Old 05-28-2024, 10:22 PM

I’ve heard about eco-sexuals…. Basically the weirdos running around the woods and making love with trees and holes in the ground… crawling thru the grass naked…At first I thought it’s another joke but nope, they do exist, just like furries and other weirdos….
Old 05-29-2024, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Bacon View Post
I urinate outside a lot. I hear that stuff works pretty good as a conductor. Does that count?

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk
Only on electric cattle fences.

My blog - casting on the waters

fishing regulations and facts on fish handling
Fishing Regulations
Old 05-29-2024, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
I’ve heard about eco-sexuals…. Basically the weirdos running around the woods and making love with trees and holes in the ground… crawling thru the grass naked…At first I thought it’s another joke but nope, they do exist, just like furries and other weirdos….
Pics or it doesn't happen!

I wouldn't be walking far barefoot, basically I'm a tenderfoot and it would be extremely painful.
Old 05-29-2024, 08:13 AM

aside from all of the jokes lol, there is actually a lot of research that suggests this is beneficial. There is a lot of bio-hacking stuff out there now that is super interesting. I cold plunge and use red light therapy and they have made an unbeliveable difference. The grounding thing I havent jumped on board with yet and the other one I have a real tough time thinking is beneficial is drinking hydrogen water.
Old 05-29-2024, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esox View Post
aside from all of the jokes lol, there is actually a lot of research that suggests this is beneficial. There is a lot of bio-hacking stuff out there now that is super interesting. I cold plunge and use red light therapy and they have made an unbeliveable difference. The grounding thing I havent jumped on board with yet and the other one I have a real tough time thinking is beneficial is drinking hydrogen water.
Red lights therapy? Do you have to fly to Amsterdam for that or are you using local resources?
Old 05-29-2024, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
Pics or it doesn't happen!

I wouldn't be walking far barefoot, basically I'm a tenderfoot and it would be extremely painful.
This was actually on the news….
https://youtu.be/HjBKhdKeXpE?si=jMPpCH3UPNYDck1-
https://www.newsflare.com/video/6150...th-an-oak-tree
Old 05-29-2024, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esox View Post
This stuff ?

https://www.healthline.com/health/fo...benefits-risks

Isaiah 5:8
Old 05-29-2024, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post
lol kind of but hydrogen water and alkaline water are different. Either way Im not sold on that aspect lolol. I will stick to the cold plunge and red light therapy
Old 05-29-2024, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
Red lights therapy? Do you have to fly to Amsterdam for that or are you using local resources?
Lolol depends on what quality you're looking for.
Old 05-29-2024, 07:46 PM

Walking around barefoot is good, getting out and enjoying nature is cathartic.
But as someone who has tried extreme grounding...I don't recommend it.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 05-29-2024, 08:30 PM

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone