Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 11-26-2014, 11:35 AM

Default Cabelas flyer black friday

http://digitaledition.qwinc.com/publ...lackfripreview
Old 11-26-2014, 12:21 PM

Yep. Cabela's still a joke when it comes to fishing. Now they even have 2 stores in Edmonton and still not a fishing dept., even if you added both together. I wish they had only opened one store and made it a full sized Cabela's. When I was talking to the USA manager that came for the Grand Opening of the south side store he was telling me how REAL Cabela’s stores have warehouse areas bigger than out entire store and how they had more ice fishing stuff in their TEXAS store than we would have here!

Again more than a little disappointed.

Thank Goodness for TFH and WSS
Old 11-26-2014, 12:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cube View Post
Yep. Cabela's still a joke when it comes to fishing. Now they even have 2 stores in Edmonton and still not a fishing dept., even if you added both together. I wish they had only opened one store and made it a full sized Cabela's. When I was talking to the USA manager that came for the Grand Opening of the south side store he was telling me how REAL Cabela’s stores have warehouse areas bigger than out entire store and how they had more ice fishing stuff in their TEXAS store than we would have here!

I seem to like Cabelas since it has clothes that I would actually wear like Canada Goose and North Face, Bass Pro does not have that. Although I do agree with the store here being a disappointment, Canada in general is a disappointment with it's stores. Walmart is open 24/7 in the USA and sells deep sea fishign Ugly Stik setups for $68. They have a bigger population therefore it makes sense for them though. And yea, i got my jaw jackers in Texas for 25 dollars but that was just luck haha.
Old 11-26-2014, 12:33 PM

Default Cabelas

Quote:

I agree, the only reason to go there is the odd special(Eskimo 33cc for 299) and the clothing. TFH is awesome, get 99% of my fishing gear there. Find WSS I find lacking lately and prices out of line. Plus you have no one to help you. They all walk past you and never even look at you or say hi, let alone, may I help you. Although the man at the fishing counter in Edmonton asked if he could help, after 20 mins of wandering around the place.
Old 11-26-2014, 01:42 PM

Lol the ion is on sale 599....lol...100 off....lol..that's regular price.....

Stupid
Old 11-26-2014, 06:53 PM

They have everything u need to go fishing,,,,,crossbows rifles, etc... who the hell doesnt shoot there fish
Old 11-26-2014, 10:20 PM

I like some of the Cabelas brand stuff. Otherwise TFH all the way.
Old 11-27-2014, 09:10 PM

Talking

I live in Windermere very close to Cabelas South and I go there often but I always seem to end up in the fishing section of Canadian Tire! They have a better selection of ice fishing lures
Old 11-27-2014, 09:23 PM
Banned

Quote:

Here you go :

http://www.mlive.com/business/west-m...uilding_m.html
Old 11-28-2014, 08:09 AM

Makes perfect sense to me. They just couldn't live up to their own press clippings.
Speaking of which, the Edmonton Journal's Readers choice awards came out today.
Cabelas placed second in the sporting goods store category behind Sportchek. TFH didn't even get a sniff.
Old 11-28-2014, 02:07 PM

Can't wait for cabelas to open the calgary store.
Goose
Old 11-28-2014, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goose View Post
Can't wait for cabelas to open the calgary store.
Goose
Trade ya for Bass pro?
Old 11-28-2014, 11:26 PM

I agree Cabellas does not have a lot of ice fishing equipment------But I got the eskimo fatfish 949i for $100.00 off today---- I like that!!!
Old 11-29-2014, 10:32 AM

I went to the "Customer Appreciation Day" on Thursday at the north end Cabelas. Apparently customer appreciation means a hot dog and having to find and ask someone for a price on anything you are interested in.

There was no pricing scheme,(eg, all clothing x% off, all fishing lures y% off) and the discount, according to the staff I spoke to, was 10-25%. Since lots of their stuff is overpriced to begin with, 10% is rarely a worthwhile discount. The one thing I was interested in, the U/W cams, had a discount of 0%.

I left empty handed and won't rush back.
Old 11-29-2014, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloszz View Post
I seem to like Cabelas since it has clothes that I would actually wear like Canada Goose and North Face, Bass Pro does not have that. Although I do agree with the store here being a disappointment, Canada in general is a disappointment with it's stores. Walmart is open 24/7 in the USA and sells deep sea fishign Ugly Stik setups for $68. They have a bigger population therefore it makes sense for them though. And yea, i got my jaw jackers in Texas for 25 dollars but that was just luck haha.
I can see your into top quality gear....deep sea fishing ugly stick for 68 bucks
You better stick with wally world....,..lol

Mack
Old 11-29-2014, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishin' Fool View Post
I went to the "Customer Appreciation Day" on Thursday at the north end Cabelas. Apparently customer appreciation means a hot dog and having to find and ask someone for a price on anything you are interested in.

There was no pricing scheme,(eg, all clothing x% off, all fishing lures y% off) and the discount, according to the staff I spoke to, was 10-25%. Since lots of their stuff is overpriced to begin with, 10% is rarely a worthwhile discount. The one thing I was interested in, the U/W cams, had a discount of 0%.

I left empty handed and won't rush back.
Havent seen u for while.......shoot me a pm