Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-13-2008, 11:55 AM

Default Slob Hunter(s) North of Erskine

As I was leaving the pheasant release site at Buffalo Lake this morning, I noticed a bunch of magpies fly out of the ditch so I stopped my truck to see what was there. I discovered that some moron had dumped the bones, head and skin of an antlerless mule deer in the ditch right alongside the approach to an oil lease access road and, to make matters worse, had left them in the plastic garbage bags which had been used to move the animal parts to that location. When you see something like this you realize that it's really no wonder that there is a significant portion of today's population that views hunters, collectively, as a bunch of uneducated bums and slobs.

I have no real problem with leaving the unusable parts of game animals where the coyotes and birds can quickly dispose of them provided it is done where it is legal to do so, away from roadways, with the permission of the landowner and that no paper, plastic or other trash is left with them. However, what I saw this morning strikes me as being the height of ignorance and totally irresponsible.

TO THE PERSON WHO LEFT THIS MESS (SHOULD YOU HAPPEN TO SEE THIS POST):
It occurs to me, that if you are stupid enough to have left this mess in the first place, you quite possibly are also stupid enough to have left your tag attached. If so, you may wish to go back and retrieve it in order to avoid prosecution. If you do, why not just clean up the mess while you are there.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:28 PM

some body did the same thing on the sidewalk in are town beside the sporting goods store
Old 11-14-2008, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25-06rem.model700 View Post
some body did the same thing on the sidewalk in are town beside the sporting goods store
Did they leave the tag on too?
Just report the arsehole and post the name
& spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat!