Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-12-2016, 09:48 PM

Default Emma lake sask

Heading there for Holdays this summer. Tried googling any info i could find as far as fishing goes. Im sure its the typical Pike, Walleye, and perch.

Anyone ever tried it there
Old 04-12-2016, 09:57 PM
Gone Hunting

Default Fishing?

Emma Lake is a small lake, with tremendous sandy beaches and solid summer homes, some of which have been there for nearly a hundred years.
Don't expect much for fishing.
Old 04-13-2016, 12:16 AM

Great swimming, nice sandy beaches, lousy fishing.
Old 04-13-2016, 08:33 AM

Default Emma lake sask

Anglin L nearby used to be pretty good.
Old 04-13-2016, 06:24 PM

Yep my uncle has a place near there.......fishing not the best according to him???
Old 04-13-2016, 08:41 PM

Have to get pretty far away from PA these days to find a fisherie that hasn't been depleated. Everyone and their dog loves to keep their full limit here
Old 04-14-2016, 02:32 PM

The fishing can be hit or miss on Emma. Having spent a good portion of my childhood on Neises beach, I can testify that you have to know where and how to fish them. Most people go into the third lake for pike, but I have hardly ever felt the need to go that far. A couple spots worth checking out are in front of the sailing club at dusk with a black jig and minnow in about 9 fow, and trolling around bird island in the middle of the lake with large Rapala swill get you some pike. It is located directly in front the the main island that separates Sunset bay and Sunnyside beach. Be damn careful as it is often submerged a couple feet pending on water levels. God knows I have pulled more boats off there with busted props and legs than I would have liked to. Another great lake for fishing that is close is Sandy lake in the national park, only about 15km away. Great lake trout and pike fishing o the left hand side of the lake. Good luck out there.
Old 04-14-2016, 02:51 PM

Let me know if you find my GF bikini top... it's likely on the bottom of the lake somehwere with all the other ones...
Old 04-16-2016, 12:07 PM

Having lived full time at Birch Bay for over 7 years (North east portion of lake / 2nd lake to locals), I will agree that the fishing is quite hit and miss. However, if you find the submerge reefs (a few in the 1st and 2nd lakes) as well as the sand bar between the 1st and 2nd lakes, and troll very slowly, you might get into some decent walleye. If you want better pike, you need to go to the northern portion of the 2nd lake by the channel to the 3rd lake, and in the bigger bays of the 3rd lake. If you are confused by the numbering of the "lakes", just look at a map of the full lake and it'll make sense. Good luck out there. I warn you you though, the bar at sunny side gets pretty greasy, with lots of locals looking for fights with visitors haha. It's a beautiful place to spend a summer though.

If you want amazing fishing in the Canadian shield, just head 200km North