Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-22-2024, 09:06 AM

It’s to the point that I’m having a hard time watching them play. Fire in the belly’s yeah right these guys are baby’s. Can’t criticize them at all or they might start to cry. Oh you know we can’t move Springer from the lead off cause you know he’s a veteran player that makes 25 million a does absolutely nothing but we will let him struggle to the point it hurts the team. A real teammate knows he’s struggling and says to the skip yup skip it’s time to move me in the lineup which they done now. Heard Schneider the other day on a presser saying Jorge is working hard on the pen expect him to brake loose any day now. Lol they actually believe that there still goin to make the playoffs and these old players are goin to factor in. There a bunch of bums that have no heart and it shows every night they step on the feild. If I was the owner or organization I would be embarrassed for what my team is and has become and I’d be making serious changes asap.
Old 06-22-2024, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFugger21 View Post

As a team, they just swing at too many terrible pitches and it shows with their stats having runners in scoring position.
Yup and, they take a lot of hittable pitches. I can't remember which game it was this week but Schneider said in the presser that 45 pitches were over the heart of the plate and they hit 3 hard. C'mon!!! It seems they want to wear the starter out taking a lot of pitches, rather than try to knock him out of the game.

They seem content to manufacture runs like a softball/fastball team.

On the plus side..... kinda happy I don't have to watch Vogelbach anymore.
Old 06-22-2024, 11:38 AM

I think management is heavy into analytics. So much so that they make it a priority. I think they have filled the players with so much probabilities that the player's heads are filled with numbers and looking for "the" pitch that they can't react as they should.

I hoped that Don Mattingly haveing more overall control of the hitting would result in better hitting this year, but it hasn't.

Also, they traded Cavin Biggio. Not the best or most consistent hitter, but a pretty good fielder and can play adequately 5 positions. I understand that he has a baseball brain and was extremely well liked in the club house. A "glue" type guy. But they have several similar players. Someone had to go. He may have been my favorite Jay.

BTW, if you are in central Florida in February/March, it is worth your time to go to a Jay's pre-season game in Dunedin. We've done that a couple of times and it is a fun day. The stadium is nice and only 3-5 blocks from the Gulf of Mexico. Get a meal from a seafood restaurant while you are there. We ate at https://www.oldebaycafe.com/

Dunedin is just east of Clearwater Beach, north of Clearwater and St Petersburg and west of Tampa. The only downside to going to a game (we stay at Orlando) is the traffic. It is heavy all the time. Allow extra time to travel.
Old 06-23-2024, 07:21 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Move the team to Calgary, problem solved!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 06-23-2024, 09:49 AM

Bang a gong…the gong show continues for the Jays. They call up a rookie, Orelvis Martinez , plays one game and now it has been announced he will be suspended for 80 games for taking a performance enhancing drug.
What was the point of calling him up ….if you knew this was going to happen.:angry3
Old 06-23-2024, 09:49 AM

what a mess
The top prospect Orelvis Martinez suspended 80 games for PED's
Old 06-23-2024, 11:08 AM

Just another example of how brutal this organization is ran. One would think they would be on top of that but hey they let there players come to training camp 30 pounds overweight also and apparently it’s ok to do that. Not shocked this was the announcement today blinding the fact they lost 5 games in a row and in about an hr make it 6. I can see Schneider bein fired within the next 2 weeks or sooner. Not johns fault tho he’s not the one swinging the bats and throwing the balls or making the calls. Sad!!!
Old 06-24-2024, 02:17 PM

The Blue Jays should trade all of their starting pitchers, Guerrero, Bichette, Varsho and IKF for some prospects and start the rebuild. Their contracts will all be up long before the Jays are contenders and none of them will stay in Toronto once they're free agents.

Gerry Burnie
Old 07-03-2024, 08:59 PM

Pathetic again tonight, tied 2 - 2 in the 6th turned it over to the bullpen, poof 1 inning and it's 7 - 2 Astro's ended 9 - 2
Last night they were up 7 - 0 and hung on to win 7 - 6 the bull pen is AAA minors at the best....................

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 07-03-2024, 10:45 PM

Opposition is doing their homework.
If you want to strike out Bo, just throw 2 ft outside.
I hope they comes around.

TBark