Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-27-2024, 01:47 PM

Let's deport, but before deporting anybody let's not let into the country everybody.

Deportation is fixing the effect not the cause.
Old 05-27-2024, 05:57 PM

These imported drivers should spend at least six months with a real driver before they get a license. If you have seen how these people drive in their home countries they shouldn't be allowed to drive here at all. They bring all their bad habits with them and shrug off all North American safe driving protocol and drive like they did back home.
Old 05-27-2024, 07:23 PM

So because of Humboldt crash the Notley government in the name of safety has changed the regulations.

My kids have been driving trucks since about two years old with me holding them in my lap. They been driving tractors and trucks all their lives. At 15 can double clutch and drive a big truck with road ranger 13 SPD. Well before they could have just gone out and challenged the driving test and got their license. Thanks to Rachel Notley government and Humboldt crash in SK. Now in Alberta my kids would have to pay $20,000 to go to east Indian truck driving school to get their license.
Best part is my kids would have to pay but if your a immigrant its all paid by government!!!!!
P!us these schools are a joke. The graduate with all these certificates and dont know a darn thing.
Government just makes everything worse. So this is why farms were getting these fancy fendt tractor's with suspension that go down the highway 45 mph . Duramax diesels with big 5 the wheels. To expensive for average farm kid to get a license. Unless of course you are from some other country.
Old 05-28-2024, 08:27 AM

https://t.me/****666Meme/9167
Hope this link works
Old 05-28-2024, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
He obviously knows what red stop signs are and what red lights mean…..
How was his boss supposed to know he would choose to disregard them?
It’s not a lack of skill thing. It’s a poor choice thing.
I thought the same thing as you. But now I realize that he alone made the choice. And it was a bad one.
Maybe the guy fell a sleep ?
I certainly agree with you and Elk but how the hell is the guy still behind the wheel if he had 70 violations ?
Regardless, horrific accident and my heart is with all the families. I don't give a rats ass about some crappy company run by foreign sleaze balls.
Old 05-28-2024, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackleyman View Post
Maybe the guy fell a sleep ?
I certainly agree with you and Elk but how the hell is the guy still behind the wheel if he had 70 violations ?
Regardless, horrific accident and my heart is with all the families. I don't give a rats ass about some crappy company run by foreign sleaze balls.
They discovered the 70 violations when they investigated the accident. Until the accident, they had no reason to investigate him. And this is one reason why these accidents occur, some truckers don't obey the regulations, and they don't get caught, until an incident occurs.
Old 05-28-2024, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
They discovered the 70 violations when they investigated the accident. Until the accident, they had no reason to investigate him. And this is one reason why these accidents occur, some truckers don't obey the regulations, and they don't get caught, until an incident occurs.
The laws are so extreme that you can't imagine it because it's beyond crazy and idiotic. I knew a guy who bought a brand new truck and was bringing home from dealership with a new safety on it and got inspected and failed.
They have laws in the books you can't even imagine
When they have safety blitz and then report on news that says 40 percent put out of service and found violations in remaining 60 percent. This is so misleading !
Stupid laws have nothing to do with safety and they screw over people like us from getting into industry and prop up these mega outfits.
Old 05-28-2024, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W921 View Post
The laws are so extreme that you can't imagine it because it's beyond crazy and idiotic. I knew a guy who bought a brand new truck and was bringing home from dealership with a new safety on it and got inspected and failed.
They have laws in the books you can't even imagine
When they have safety blitz and then report on news that says 40 percent put out of service and found violations in remaining 60 percent. This is so misleading !
Stupid laws have nothing to do with safety and they screw over people like us from getting into industry and prop up these mega outfits.
Is limiting how many hours a person can drive without rest/sleep extreme? Is requiring a log book extreme? Is requiring that there is only one log book, and requiring it to be filled out extreme?.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 05-28-2024 at 12:18 PM.
Old 05-28-2024, 12:19 PM

Quote:
So is requiring a log book extreme? Is limiting how many hours a person can drive without rest/sleep extreme?
Maybe stretch just a smidgen and interpret that as "...some of the laws are so extreme..." vs "...every single law is extreme...".
Old 05-28-2024, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Maybe stretch just a smidgen and interpret that as "...some of the laws are so extreme..." vs "...every single law is extreme...".
In the case of the Humbolt incident, the log book was not filled out properly, so only the driver knows how much rest he had.
Old 05-28-2024, 12:59 PM

Quote:
In the case of the Humbolt incident, the log book was not filled out properly, so only the driver knows how much rest he had.
Did they say what the violation on the log book was? I have millions of logged miles and a violation could be as simple as the log book not signed by the driver, the date not entered, not updated to his last stop. There are many, many things that could have caused a log book violation. Least of which is rest time.

This driver was only 4-6 weeks on the job. His employer is the scum bag that needs to be jailed or deported for allowing this to happen. Those 70 violations are likely against the company.

Currently I manage a couple of these people as drivers. Top notch guys, never have any issues with them, maintain their equipment and are meticulous with their paperwork.

At another company 15 years ago, I managed a group of these people as drivers for an owner of 5 trucks. The drivers tried to do the right thing, their owner was a POS. It got to the point that I refused to dispatch his trucks. I even manage to make 4 of the 5 drivers he had owner operators. We financed them and got them into trucks. They worked even harder and were rewarded with businesses of their own. Great men. Glad to know them. Pay their bills, and taxes raising young families.

BW
Old 05-28-2024, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
Did they say what the violation on the log book was? I have millions of logged miles and a violation could be as simple as the log book not signed by the driver, the date not entered, not updated to his last stop. There are many, many things that could have caused a log book violation. Least of which is rest time.

This driver was only 4-6 weeks on the job. His employer is the scum bag that needs to be jailed or deported for allowing this to happen. Those 70 violations are likely against the company.

Currently I manage a couple of these people as drivers. Top notch guys, never have any issues with them, maintain their equipment and are meticulous with their paperwork.

At another company 15 years ago, I managed a group of these people as drivers for an owner of 5 trucks. The drivers tried to do the right thing, their owner was a POS. It got to the point that I refused to dispatch his trucks. I even manage to make 4 of the 5 drivers he had owner operators. We financed them and got them into trucks. They worked even harder and were rewarded with businesses of their own. Great men. Glad to know them. Pay their bills, and taxes raising young families.

BW
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...ions-1.4996814
Old 05-28-2024, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Again this comes down to the owner of the truck and trucking company. They are responsible for the safety plan and for the log book training. Further all of these violations should be seen by by each inspection agency and he should be flagged and put out of service.

Back in my early days running state side which has a significantly different log book scenario then Canada. Was over hours by 2. Got sent to the back of the scale yard to sleep. This was at 7PM at midnight I had a fresh set of hours.

The owners of the company set him up to fail and he failed miserably. The owners of these trucks are getting away with this. I see it often. Even with operators that have other colours of skin.

BW