Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 09-18-2024, 10:18 AM

Default Impossible shots

Bob Munden shooting balloon 200 yards offhand with a belly gun ,chiefs special or whatever the little 38 is now called.
https://youtu.be/9RiHjeSe2T4?si=knPT6PdEgk8lP22D
Old 09-18-2024, 11:15 AM

Watch closely where the bullet strikes the gong. He misses the balloon both shots. Its the bullet splatter from hitting the gong that bursts the balloon. If the gong wasn't there the balloon still would be. Also no telling how many times he did this until he hit the gong, creative film editing.
Old 09-18-2024, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
Watch closely where the bullet strikes the gong. He misses the balloon both shots. Its the bullet splatter from hitting the gong that bursts the balloon. If the gong wasn't there the balloon still would be. Also no telling how many times he did this until he hit the gong, creative film editing.
You're right.
First shot high and left.
Second shot low and bit to right.

Still good shooting. Haha my dad had a snub nosed little belly gun when he was in police.
I was to young to shoot it but I can remember him and my uncles shooting at beer bottles with it and no glass got broken.
I'm not into quick draw or dressing up like Matt dillion but I've seen this Bob Munden do incredible shooting with a colt single action. His wife shoos to or used to years ago. Bob Munden can definitely shoot and entertain.
Old 09-19-2024, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
Agreed, Left of the balloon with the .44 and low about 12" with the .38. Still pretty impressive he hit the gong though.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 09-20-2024, 06:56 AM

Used to have a ruger lcr in 357. Wasn’t too hard to hit steel at 80 yards. Not quite 200 by any means but didn’t go farther because that’s as far as I had steel at the time.
Old 09-20-2024, 07:10 AM

I liked the program where he was tossing a playing card in the air and cutting it in half with his .45 Colt. He said the toughest part was trying to keep the card from going sideways! LOL
Cat
Old 09-20-2024, 10:38 AM

Not disparaging his abilities, the guy was a legend with a gun. On the other hand his producers kept pushing him for new sensational material. Unfortunately some of his stuff had some pretty creative use of wide angle lenses and film editing trickery. Unfortunately this kind of stuff sullied his credibility and his "Fast Draw World Records" were removed from the Guiness book of world records. Such a shame.