Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-13-2024, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post

Saturday pre game concert looks great
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How about Taylor Sweep!!!

Florida will be coming with both barrels on Saturday!
4 and 0
Old 06-13-2024, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Close enough….. I’m a call that one a win.
Hopefully we can tie it up Saturday and head back to Florida even.
We takin the cup this year no matter what!
I saw what you did there........& I like it

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 06-13-2024, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddin View Post
Just like the 2nd and 3rd round of the NHL playoffs, the final round is the best of 7.
I’d still be surprised if they win a game. It takes a team effort but with Nurse and Skinner continuing their stellar play I don’t think so. Watching Skinner and watching Bobrovsky is like watching someone in atom vs someone in the Pros.
Old 06-13-2024, 11:27 PM

You can’t win the Stanley cup when your team continually gives the puck away right after you get back in the game. Gut wrenching and heartbreaking for your team. Oh well maybe just another learning experience for a mature team that can’t seem to figure it out.
Old 06-13-2024, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtsyneil View Post
Oilers beat themselves and the panthers Just sit back a wait to pounce on the mistakes. Plain and simple oilers not good enough tonight to win the game.
Florida had done plenty of mistakes too. Today was the first breakaway Edmonton capitalized on. They had like 4 or something in the first game, more in the second, but never scored on any of them. Unless you count the only goal they scored last game, two on one.

You can see the weakness and it is basically everywhere but the top guys: Macdee, Dri, Hyman, Hopkins. And those guys are overworked. These four guys and Bouchard have combined 128 points and the rest of the team has 51. Only five guys are in the positive in the +/- category, but nine are negative (most way below and the lowest is -14). Florida’s top five scorers share 89 points between them and the rest of the team has 75; 15 players are positive and 4 below zero (-2 is the lowest). Edmonton’s defense is -23 combined; Florida’s is +32. Frosling, top scoring d-man for Florida, has 12 points but is + 15. Bouchard has a whooping 28 points but is +10 (Nurse is -14 with 4 points). Basically, Florida defense is doing what they are supposed to do and that is defend. Florida came to win the Cup, not score points.

Then see my comments after every game in regard to the ice time of the big guns, they spend at least 8 minutes more on ice than others. They even spend more time on ice than their defensemen do except for Bouchard who is out there to score and assist. Today, Macdee played over 25 minutes, Drai 24, Hyman just short of 24, NH over 22, while Brown, the next forward, play 14 minutes. The previous two games were about the same (the same was true in the previous series). Florida is quite different: Barkov played 20, Reinhart just shy of 20, the next 4 played between 17 and 17:33.

Goaltending… Well…you have to give credit to Skinner because he has done “relatively well” in these series but still never reached 0.900 saves percentage in any of the games. Bob, on the other hand, had his worst game today and ended up with 0.915 - one was a breakaway (he stopped quite a few in these series though and this was the first) and one was some crazy bounce that was never supposed to get inside the net, but as it happens in hockey… Bob will take the Conn Smythe if they win on Saturday, which they should (but Bob is also prone to a bad game now and then and he was hot as hell for the past… no idea, but at least 5 or 6).

So yeah, it just doesn’t look like any of the math is on Oiler’s side. It wasn’t on their side when they played Dallas though either and probably shouldn’t have won (blasphemy!) but they did and here we are. I think Dallas playing Florida would be a much better hockey to watch, to be honest.

To conclude, the only chance for Edmonton to see the Cup is if they lose on Saturday.
Old 06-13-2024, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
For the stats guys, the first game’s stats:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
Old 06-13-2024, 11:48 PM

Another thought to add: if Oilers lose in Florida, it will be Vancouver that will see the cup before Edmonton when Reinhart beings it home. Lol.