Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-25-2024, 06:25 PM

Default Amazon really screwing up.

All of a sudden Amazon is shipping through intelcom courier. Guess what they dont deliver outside urban centers. So anything I order will cost me 3 hours of my life and 50 dollars of gas to drive to somewhere to get it.
Old 09-25-2024, 06:56 PM

Contact CS and request they put a flag on your account only only ship through whatever service works for you.

Tell them that intelcom refuses to deliver to you, or anywhere near you.
Old 09-25-2024, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
Contact CS and request they put a flag on your account only only ship through whatever service works for you.

Tell them that intelcom refuses to deliver to you, or anywhere near you.
Did that. Reordered. Same thing.
Old 09-25-2024, 07:54 PM

Seems intelcom has high turnover and a lot of new drivers. We got all kinds of excuses why they didnt deliver. Took probably nearly a year before we were getting regular deliveries from intelcom. Fedex, ups etc have never had a problem finding us
Old 09-25-2024, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esher View Post
All of a sudden Amazon is shipping through intelcom courier......
Pretty sure Amazon has been using them for years, almost a decade now.
Old 09-26-2024, 12:07 AM

My brother getting his Amazon deliveries to his acreage with Intelicom, and he's about 20 mins west from Spruce Grove. As far as i know he doesn't have problems.
I live in town right by the west Edmonton mall, and had few deliveries from them - most if not all were screw-ups
Old 09-26-2024, 07:31 AM

I live in Calgary. Everytime Amazon shipped packages to me via Intelcom, they ended up being delivered to the wrong house... Every single time. So i would write to Amazon, they would refund me the $$$, and i would have to order again. Eventually after this happened many times, anytime i would see that it was shipping with intelcom, i would cancel the order and re-order. Amazon eventually reached out and after discussion, they put a note on my file to not use Intelcom for any of my deliveries. Have had zero issues since. Seems intelcom is rather unintelligent.

One good thing about this is that i knew which house the products were being delivered to. I would get my refund, then walk over to the house and ask them for my package. Ended up getting a lot of stuff for free. I did tell Amazon i was doing this, they didnt seem to care. One of the items was a Fire Tablet...ended up getting that for free. Perks of dealing other people's incompetence i suppose.
Old 09-26-2024, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Pretty sure Amazon has been using them for years, almost a decade now.
First time in my life was last week. Never heard of telecom before.
Old 09-26-2024, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stc77 View Post

One good thing about this is that i knew which house the products were being delivered to. I would get my refund, then walk over to the house and ask them for my package. Ended up getting a lot of stuff for free. I did tell Amazon i was doing this, they didnt seem to care. One of the items was a Fire Tablet...ended up getting that for free. Perks of dealing other people's incompetence i suppose.
Curious as to why you would re-order if you eventually got the original order and the refund ?
Old 09-26-2024, 07:55 AM

"anytime i would see that it was shipping with intelcom, i would cancel the order and re-order." Half hour after the shipping email I called to cancel, cant if its shipped. Dont know who is shipping until then so no way to stop it.
Old 09-26-2024, 07:58 AM

Think you have problems, Canada Post is now going from a PO box number to a rural address, apparently Mountainview County is not a city they recognize.

Isaiah 5:8
Old 09-26-2024, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post
Think you have problems, Canada Post is now going from a PO box number to a rural address, apparently Mountainview County is not a city they recognize.
Had that for a few years has not affected me, but I am on a rural route.
Old 09-26-2024, 09:10 AM

Default Prime

I had the same problem, joined Prime and its now delivered by a blue Prime truck. No issues.
Old 09-26-2024, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma View Post
I had the same problem, joined Prime and its now delivered by a blue Prime truck. No issues.
I've had Prime for years and still get the odd delivery from Intelcom.

What an outstanding BBB rating they have:
https://www.bbb.org/ca/qc/montreal/p...inc-0117-67951
Old 09-26-2024, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyn View Post
Curious as to why you would re-order if you eventually got the original order and the refund ?
i didnt re- order everything, jsut the things that i didnt end up getting because the people at the other house were away or claimed that they didnt actually receive it themselves.
Old 09-26-2024, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma View Post
Been prime for years and now what.
Old 09-26-2024, 10:09 AM

I have a hard time with Amazon. They don’t deliver bigger things to my place so I end up having to go to town to the post office to pick up, which I may as well just go to town and buy it.
Old 09-26-2024, 10:45 AM

I have had prime for years and Intelcom delivered to the Elk Island area. They were terrible at showing up on the day promised. Some of the drivers would not come out to the rural area if it was snowing and definately not after dark.

About a year ago, Amazon trucks started showing up and they showed up at the same time of day for most deliveries (except for a delivery 2 weeks ago at 5am in the morning).

Recently, I received notifications that "Dragonfly" is delivering some of my orders. A closer look showed that Dragonfly is owned by Intelcom and the same Intelcom drivers show up - just had a delivery a few minutes ago.

Sig
Old 09-26-2024, 10:54 AM

If more people just went to town and bought stuff maybe Amazon would need to step up their game? Just saying...

I would actually venture a bet that very rural deliveries are money losers for them overall and they might be happy to watch them go away. Amazon genuinely works on extremely low margins and counts on volume, but at what point does volume take a back seat to specific sale loses?
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 09-26-2024, 11:54 AM

[QUOTE=tirebob;4753015]If more people just went to town and bought stuff maybe Amazon would need to step up their game? Just saying...

Unfortunately the varied hardware and pieces I need for my man cave projects are not available in my local town, all the stores just carry as little as possible in inventory and it takes too long too explain what I need and usually just met with blank stares. Princess Auto sometimes has what I need but their prices have gone up and they are an hour away. Driving around in the city to different outlets is a PIA. Amazon delivers usually within 3 days which is good enough for me. We have made arrangements with a store in the local town to accept the larger Items that can't ship through Canada Post. I don't exactly care to give Amazon my business so the owner can buy mega million dollar yachts or planes but it is what it is. In the States all the things I need are readily available but to get them into Canada is another problem so Amazon is most times the solution.
Old 09-26-2024, 01:21 PM

[QUOTE=traderal;4753029]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
If more people just went to town and bought stuff maybe Amazon would need to step up their game? Just saying...

Unfortunately the varied hardware and pieces I need for my man cave projects are not available in my local town, all the stores just carry as little as possible in inventory and it takes too long too explain what I need and usually just met with blank stares. Princess Auto sometimes has what I need but their prices have gone up and they are an hour away. Driving around in the city to different outlets is a PIA. Amazon delivers usually within 3 days which is good enough for me. We have made arrangements with a store in the local town to accept the larger Items that can't ship through Canada Post. I don't exactly care to give Amazon my business so the owner can buy mega million dollar yachts or planes but it is what it is. In the States all the things I need are readily available but to get them into Canada is another problem so Amazon is most times the solution.
When we lived on acreage outside of Water Valley, Amazon had the local hardware store set up as a drop off point. It was so much easier than dealing with drivers that can find places. Maybe you have something in you area relatively close by you could have things dropped at and you just pick them up there? It was helpful I found.
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23