View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 10:32 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhorse Ranch View Post
This is exactly correct. Development is a long-term benefit for all of us. As I understand it, this involves a relatively small amount of good, arable acreage. Through the tender process, it's available to anyone, proponents and naysayers alike.
I wouldn't call it good arable land. If it were, it would already be farmland.

I believe you are right, it would be made available through the normal process which is public auction.

I bought a small parcel of public land two years ago. In that process I learned that such land is normally sold through public auction.

I also think you are right about any such sale having long term benefits for us all. But there would also be something lost for us all.

What I think is debatable is if the benefit is worth the cost.

But I don't think any of that matters over the long term, unless we learn to give a little for the greater good.

If everyone did that we wouldn't need 99 percent of our laws and regulations. If we all did that there would be no poaching, no scammers, no victimization.

The greatest threat to hunting, and to humanity as a whole is not the sale of public land. It is individual selfishness, corporate selfishness and political selfishness.

George Bernard Shaw