Thread: Kuiu Gear
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 08:30 AM

I'm 6 ft tall, 185 pounds, with really long monkey arms, a 32 inch waist, and 41 inch chest. I ordered the Chugache NX rain jacket and kenai jacket in large (my typical size) but ordered the zipoff merino pants, kenai pants and chugache nx pants in medium. I ordered the jackets in large rather than extra large because last year I got a firstlite jacket in XL at recommendations of people online, and was swimming in it - way too big.

I ordered the kuiu pants in medium because they are apparently the best fit for my waist. However, the merino zip offs are very tight around my calves, which are pretty chicken-like so im dissappointed. If i went up a size I bet the waist would be too big as theyre not really adjustable. The kenai and chugache pants are perfect for my waist. However, the merinos really restrict movement when extending my knees as high as i can, especially when paired with the other two pairs. The jackets fit great but are definitely more athletic fit. I just tripped out when I realized the merino and kenai pants are kapris... which will hopefully not be an issue when paired with longer socks and gaiters. Chugache jacket is pretty snug with the kenai jacket underneath but it fits.

Hope these clothes were worth the huge price tag. I would send back the merinos, chugache jacket, and pants and go a size up in each but am fed up with paying so much duty and shipping. Wish there was a local distributor or other option.