View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
The US was very similar with response time as Canada both took their time addressing international travel. Both let Covid19 take hold before reacting. Look at the lower density states and you will see similarities to Canada. I have friends in California, Washington, Wisconsin, and Texas heard first hand all the steps taken. One trend a large part of each state is basically un effected but the out breaks are mainly in high density

Doing something before would be New Zealand and Australia who took an early strong stance with Covid19 do to international travel. They were very active on quarantining returning travelers. They also closed non mandatory international travel early. Both stopped transmission within their countries early. Australia took on a mild form of social distancing well New Zealand was full lockdown. Both extremely successful but took very different approach to restrictions within their boarders. The key similarities is how they addressed infection from international travel.

These are examples of successfully get on it early Canada failed to do so and so did the US

I have been in touch with people in multiple countries listening to different experiences during this

No one has said do nothing either
I wonder if it is easier to isolate if you live on an island.