View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 02:20 AM

Smile Nice to meet you :) I'm not to sure how forum's work..I haven't been on one before.

Hello everyone,

It's nice to meet you all. I have an acreage southwest of Lloydminster. There's nothing better than having a cup of coffee and watching the deer and elk out of the kitchen window when you first start your day.
I have two daughters 16 &11 who are full of grace and grit. We are actually selling the acreage, and going to try our hand at being 'townies' and downsize... that's going to be an interesting adventure. Just to figure out which town to settle in... that's the humdinger I'm facing right now. I just know it needs to be close to the mountains, quiet and close-knit, yet close to a city....not too close though.
I haven't spent much time on my hobbies for several years now, I love being outdoors though, there's nothing better than quadding, snowmobiling, swimming in a lake, fishing in a river and shed hunting or searching for the first crocuses of the year...There's pretty much something to be grateful for whenever you can breathe in the crisp air and can be in nature.
I think there's nothing better than processing your own meat for your family, I like to get my hands dirty, I haven't met a moose I didn't want to eat yet haha. I'm very fortunate as my neighbours and friends are avid hunters and I get to reap the rewards, so long as I cook for them. It's a pretty slick deal, right down to the homemade wine and games of cards, a girl can't complain about a set up like that!
I hope you're all having an amazing evening!
GraceandGrit