View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
Why bother asking for the applicable legislation if you are just going to dismiss it?

For anyone else reading this thread, do yourself a favor and contact a lawyer or the CFO prior to doing anything stupid.
Because it's NOT APPLICABLE!!
You're confusing use with transport AND use regulations.
Both Sections 1 and 19 describe uses and reasons for which you are uuthorized to transport.I maintain that transport and use are mutually exclusive,they are not one in the same.
If you don't transport the firearm,then both 1 and 19 are irrelevant in their entirety,they are transport regulations,they do not in any way shape or form address the discharge of a restricted firearm.They only presume that you would need to transport the firearm to a location such as a CFO approved range in order to discharge,and that is the gist of this entire 6 page discussion,that being that a CFO approved range may not in fact be the ONLYplace that a restricted firearm may be discharged as there is no regulation that expressly prohibits the discharge anywhere other then a CFO approved range.

THEY NEVER THOUGHT THAT ANYBODY MIGHT ACTUALLY SHOOT WITHOUT TRANSPORTING when they drafted the regs.....how hard is that for you to understand??

So THAT said......if there is NO LAW that prohibits it,what could they possibly charge you with??
I'm still waiting for ANYBODY to cite the relevant CC section that reads "unlawful discharge of a restricted firearm".

Last edited by West O'5; 03-19-2017 at 07:33 PM.