View Single Post
Old 09-01-2018, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmedical View Post
Vitamin c/d can help prevent some of the bruising. Helps strengthen the collagen. Iron and vitamin k supp can also help sometimes.

If you are required to take blood thinners. Vitamin K is the last thing they should take without seeking docs advise. Vitamin K is what thickens the blood.

Had a blood clot in right shoulder several years ago. Part of it broke off and went into my right lung. The doctors said I was lucky it stopped in my lung and didn't go anywhere else. It could have gone somewhere else and really affected me. Was on Warfarin for 2 years. Told to stay away from veggies that were high in Vitamin K (natural blood thickeners) and items like cranberries and alcohol (natural blood thinners). I am on 81 mg of Low Dose Aspirin for rest of my life now. Now I can take vitamin K and eat cranberries as I am off blood thinners.

All I can say to those on blood thinners, please be careful when shooting, would hate to hear of someone needing medical help because of internal bleeding.

My doctor made it clear to me, when I was blood thinners be careful of what I did to prevent bruising and if I were to cut myself bad, chances of getting the bleeding to stop without medical help would be very serious.