View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Parsons View Post
Same for the majority of our crew,,, some of them will remain in the super-size category as long as they can,,, some of us have stepped it back. Purhaps we are the only ones that will know this when the time comes,,, at least we have options like the 243's, 25/06, 6.5's, 7 or 308's that have next to nill for recoil.

That's not saying that a person can't load down with the big bores or keep them hot with recoil add-ons to tame things down if a persons chooses.

A world of endless options you know.

It looks like Northern Ontario is the home of the large slow bullets, Ha,,, my hunting partner and I are in line with part 2 of endless hunting days ahead this year. Don't get me wrong,,, 3 months of Northern Alberta in Archey to hunting season was a blast. Endless Moose and Deer,,, it took some time to get onto those Elk.

The Transplanted Elk thing here in Ontario didn't pan out,,, to much snow with to many Wolves,,, the heard West of us is pretty much wipe out. It only cost Alberta about $2 to 4 million to share in this fit test. Ha.

Lots of them drown in the un-frozen lakes since there is no shortage of slush ice up here under the snow pack. Pretty dangerous in the early part of winter you know.

Any ways,,, the Ontario Pan handle boys are hosting us again this year to share in the good times,,, Old school firearms that most folks would think are long past there days. Ha. A new rifle up here is a 303 British as they flatten Moose like pancakes.

Kind a like the thread suggested,,,, big slow bullets are the best. Ha. There ain't no 6.5's up in this neck of the woods. I guess someone needs to get up here to let folks know what their missing out on. LOL

Have fun gang,,, chat with the AO gang once we rap up the season with the full meal deal,,, of course fishing and hunting season never really ends till the Supreme Bean invites me to team up with the old timers from long ago.
Just replying to your first paragraph there is also the group of us that just love all guns and cartridges. Beyond the debate which is always informative even if opinions are not the same I myself use a wide variety of cartridges I often take a different rifle on every hunt from my 6mm to my .458 and many inbetween I truly enjoy learning the merits and disadvantages of each. One thing that has become more apparent to me than anything is that matching the bullet type to the cartridges, velocity and intended use is very important much more so than the sd or bc
Lots of good info on here inbetween the junk good points on both sides