View Single Post
Old 12-02-2016, 12:01 PM

Default Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeron Kahyar View Post
Looks to me maps are subject to copyright laws. Also seems you can't freely decimate the information contained within them.
That's proof in the pudding. It doesn't matter if you take a picture or whatever means of reproduction, it's still considered copyright infringement if it is distributed. That doesn't mean that everyone is in trouble because t is extremely hard to monitor.
If I take my copies I purchased and print them or scan them for myself to vary with me in a mobile device or in my pack, that's ok as it's personal use but to give them to others for free is both nice and illegal.

I think if the county is giving them away than good on them but if someone need to buy them from a source like IHunter or Maptown than there has to be some bounding to it.

Look, my point here was about the fact that there is quite a bit of Bias on the Forum as of late. Some peoples posts cause great conflict yet are freely open for debate just about anywhere; if there's any issue with the person than warn them with good reason not based on personal views. If it persists than ban that individual instead of deleting the topic. Kids are kids and if the Mods can't control them over a strong debate, than there's no use to even have them. (by them I mean Debates).

HF