View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 04:30 PM

First off, if you're having doubts about the AB's then you better switch. If you don't trust the bullet you use, you're beat already. I love the AB's for my 7mm-08, 7mm RM and in my 300 WMag. I wish to hell they made them in a 6mm, but my .243 is a nail driver with the CT ballistic Silvertip. There's no way on earth that you could ever duplicate what one bullet does on impact with a big game animal, so performance is always different. We've had nothing but great luck with them, and compared to say a normal ballistic tip, a Core Lokt or a Game King they penetrate steel at very long ranges that simply blows the rest up in a grey puff of smoke. Partitions are a great bullet as well, but unfortunately too many people get wrapped up in BC's and retained ft/lbs so gravitate to the sleekest boattails around. If I knew I'd always be shooting inside of 250 or so yards I wouldn't bother with any boattail design. I'd use a flat based bullet constructed to do what I need it to on what I aim it at. But as I said, if you don't trust them don't use them. One or two comparisons isn't a fair one though and weight retention is sometimes engineered to be 2/3 or less of original weight, like the Partition and other dual core big game killers.