Thread: Marten hunting
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2022, 10:17 AM

Hi guys! I am very glad that you liked my films about pine martens. The dogs do no harm to martens, they only find them and bark to let me know. Hearing barking, I go in that direction and find a marten. The marten carries embryos for half a year and the barking of dogs does not lead to miscarriages or the death of her litter. The birth of small martens occurs much later in the spring. In order not to spoil the skin, it is necessary to shoot in the eye and head when the body is hidden by a thick branch and for this you can use a shotgun. Hunting with a dog is a lot of fun and much better than a stupid kill with a trap for a few dollars a pelt. The marten is not afraid of dogs and often teases them by jumping on branches at a low height, but the marten is afraid of humans, especially female martens. The female marten immediately tries to escape along the branches and then jumps to the ground to escape in the rubble of trees. The male often sits and looks down, fearing neither the dog nor the hunter unless he is disturbed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYmgUhsmfW4