View Single Post
Old 02-26-2020, 05:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
One comment here - and not to defend the analogy of JT - because I largely agree with his assessment of him, except, the fact that he was elected by the voters in Canada. I didn't vote for him, nor do I support him, but his assent to out country's leader was not "given to him through hereditary linage". Either way - not an entirely fair comparison.

On the other hand, being elected a "chief", "hereditary chief" according to the author comes from being born first - being the oldest of the old ……….. no perquisite for wisdom, intelligence, leadership, just that you were born first …..

So the comparison, to me, ironically, doesn't work. In fact, it seems JT had to do more to earn his leadership position compared to a Hereditary chief.

Flame away - I'm just not buying the comparison, despite my distaste for JT and his political party.
I think his point is that if Pierre hadn’t been Justin’s father he would not be our Prime Minister. The media treated him like he was his father incarnate from the get to... like him or not Pierre was a very smart man and politician.
His son is anything but.