View Single Post
Old 04-14-2017, 11:01 AM
Banned

Default Mixed H-1000 with Retumbo

I pulled the bullets on 25 rounds for my 7mm STW. The powder was Retumbo. As I pulled each bullet, I dumped the powder into an empty H-1000 bottle. After bullet pulling was done I noticed that some powder had been spilled while pulling the bullets and I probably didn't have enough powder to reload all 25 rounds again. As I wanted to reload these rounds with H-1000, I opened up a new bottle of H-1000 and dumped a few scoops into the H-1000 bottle with the Retumbo in it to make sure I could reload all 25 rounds again with my planned H-1000 charge.

At this point I still had not realized that I had just mixed H-1000 with Retumbo. I begin my reloading process and filled the hopper of my powder measure with the Retumbo/H-1000 powder mixture. I'm doing my charges into each case when about 10 rounds in I decided to seat some bullets. I look at the MTM ammo box the rounds were in reading the label inside stating the OAL I need to set my die up for. Suddenly I noticed the powder saying "Retumbo." It then hits me that I had dumped H-1000 in with Retumbo.

After banging my head on the wall for a few minutes for making such a stupid error, I dumped all the H-1000/Retumbo mixture back into the empty H-1000 bottle walked into the bathroom with it, poured the powder into the toilet and FLUSH!

I will admit, it was late in the evening when I was doing this and I was rushing to prepare these rounds for the next day. It was my own fault and I was lucky to have caught the error in time.

Last edited by KevGuy; 04-14-2017 at 11:13 AM.