View Single Post
Old 05-25-2017, 11:25 PM

It sure seems that there is alot of bells and whistles too choose from in todays out-doors market,,, I'm guilty in "some of it over the years,,," but have changed the way I harvest now over the past 14 ish years.

Yes I use a fine rifle with proper ranging optics, but I'm not a long distance shooter at any wild game, I practic long range shooting as it hones in my skills.

It allows me too know what I can do off hand, tri-pod, stick too tree limb shot placement.
I won't be taking any game beyond 40 too 140 yards,,, going into long distance game retrieval is hard to do for the 3 of us,,, no need on our parts too extend that range beyond what could happen if a critter add distance beyond that.

So in short,,, fare game and chase. Better known as, "if the critter allows its self for a timely clean harvest.
My skills and abilities have never been game on the move,,, so now I have "plan in graved in stone" so too speak.

Awesome thread as it allows all too share in ideas that each person might do in their own quest.

Don