Thread: Poker
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Poker is gambling.

Gambling is entertainment for most (for a few it can be a job...and for some it can be a debilitating vice).

I can play with buddies...win some and lose some. Even if I lose $100 in a 5 hour home game it is 1/3 what it costs to play golf nearby for 5 hours. Plus bonus snacks can be free!

Vices can hurt families...such as alcohol and drug addiction and also work addiction and even fishing addiction.

If you can't function normally doing any activity and it consumes you and negatively impacts your finances and your family and friends...seek help.

Otherwise I agree...no one should be preaching to me that I should not be gambling while they are drinking a beer telling me that.

Sun

That being said...who wants to watch this thread and try and get us into a few fun money tournaments on pokerstars?
I would love a fun league, Monday nights in the winter or something. Just for bragging rights, would be a hoot. Maybe in the fall I will see if there is enough interest. Maybe bragging rights would be serious enough for all? After reading what money others are playing for, I would not play for cash.

Thomas Sowell