View Single Post
Old 12-16-2018, 01:35 AM

packhuntr, you really should just say what it is you are talking about here and get it over with. I mean, I (partially/mostly?) understand what you are trying to say, but why not just say it straight up like pretty much everyone else in this thread? It really does not help your cause, IMO. To each their own though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by packhuntr View Post
Seems that some, while "claiming" to condemn it, are all too quick to choose it.
Lol. One good man here suggested I read about another guy (a hunting "legend" and outfitter from down south), which has nothing to do with this case, per se. What you said and I quoted above immediately made me think of this:

Though Cibola County Deputy District Attorney Randolph Collins was unsuccessful in his effort to see Darner's latest sentence include prison time, his argument to the court ironically included an excerpt from Darner's 1983 book, How to Find Giant Bucks.

"Penalties for game violations are not stiff enough," Darner's book stated. "There should be minimum fine and mandatory jail sentences for some crimes, such as shooting a deer out of season. Second offenders should get very stiff, mandatory penalties. If a potential violator knew he'd get a $1,000 fine and a minimum of 30 days in jail for shooting a buck out of season, he'd find more strength to resist the temptation."

The Deputy DA's memorandum to the court accurately summed up how a lot of sportsmen feel about the once-iconic figure of the big game hunting community.

"The book title (How to Find Giant Bucks), now given his conduct in our county and his quest to put his profit above all else, has double meaning--how to find giant bucks is really, for him, how to make a lot of money by violating the law."