View Single Post
Old 11-01-2018, 11:44 PM
Banned

I wish that I was a physicist because all of this has really had me wondering for awhile now.

If a torsion Spring exerts 200(?) lbs Force when compressed and held in place with a trigger devise, and a coyote exerts 201 lbs Force to compress it further causing the pressure to be released from the trigger holding the Spring compressed, The Spring should release.......no?

I get that there may be a bit of give at the end of the loop but is it sufficient to make a huge difference? After all, the pressure on the trigger is equal at both ends, the end that releases and the end that remains on the snare, so why would the 9 o’clock position work better than the 3 o’clock position? Would the open end of the loop not give as much regardless of if it’s the releasing end or the end that remains on the snare? I could understand if the end of the wire in the loop was on the same side but no matter where you position the trigger you’re going to get an equal amount of force required on the Spring in order to release the trigger.

I feel an unscientific experiment coming on.......it involves a bathroom scale to determine the Force exerted by the compressed spring and a luggage scale to determine the Force required for the trigger to release in in each position.