Thread: Braided Line
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 07:15 PM

Power Pro is my go-to line.

Super Slick for casting or jigging, Hi-Vis for trolling and all of my set ups are tipped with a fluorocarbon leader. Suffix 832 on a few of my set ups and it seems very good so far as well.

Spiderwire and Fireline is to fishing line what "Danielson Brand" is to terminal tackle. A cheap, under performing product that ends up costing you more in the long run.

The quality, consistency in thickness, and durability in these 2 brands I have found it to be poor compared to Power Pro.

And to tell you why (instead of just spouting a senseless opinion) .....

Spiderwire has cut my guides up, scored a lip on a spool. It also seems to slip knots much easier.

Fireline seems to quickly flake/fray off quickly. It also seems to be very inconsistent and have found thin sections which seem to be surprisingly weak.

Both brands are disappointments to me.

These lines are probably OK for the causal fisherman who doesn't put in the casts or time on the water but I have noticed a remarkable and obvious difference - but I have quite a few set ups and spend significantly more time on the water compared to the average guy maybe.

I haven't been back to try it in a few years but I gave it a couple tries before and am not compelled to try it again - maybe it's better now?

I don't want to be harsh - but want to give other people my sincere opinion on this so they can get the best picture from the widest set of opinions and make a decision they are happy with.