View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 01:01 PM

For sure. Regardless of whether the Oil wins or loses this playoff series, I'm honestly content. Fact is, we aren't going to win the cup. But in a few years, I absolutely think this team will be as good as a contender as any team in the NHL. All of the experience the boys are gaining in this series is invaluable. Bouncing back after a tough loss at home when you were up 2-0. Bouncing back after getting absolutely thrashed 7-0. Grinding out long playoff games into OT and keeping the pressure on. Coming back from a 3-1 score to win.

Heck, even next year I see this Oilers team being some dangerous come playoff time. I still say that the only missing piece is a true no 1 dman. Something akin to a Doughty/Weber/Pietrangelo. We might have one in Klefbom yet, but it's a fun thought thinking of how good the Oilers could be with one of those on their blue line.

Word is also that Philly GM is open to rebuilding and moving any of their players, even Simmonds. Now there's a guy I want to see on the Oil..