View Single Post
Old 05-08-2017, 08:47 PM

Default Does Much of African Hunting = Road Hunting?

Renewed my subscription to WildTV a few months back after the US election made me so sick of hearing about Trump that I canceled the news package.

Anyhow, I watch a number of the African hunting shows and it frequently seems that they are in effect road hunting. Drive down trail. Spot game. Take a few steps off the trail. Spread shooting sticks. Shoot animal. Make "nervous stalk" up to downed animal. Everybody shake hands and dance. Then the PH syas how excellent the animal is. Do it again.

This seems like me and the boys when we go road hunting. Drive down lease road. See deer. Jump out of vehicle. Take a few steps off road if maintained. Shoot animals. High fives and dance. Do it again.

I have no idea how many African "Safaris" are like this, maybe relatively few. And to be really frank, I don't ever see the day I get to Africa as I just can't afford it, so I am certainly not poking fun at anyone who has been. But from watching WildTv, many of these "Safaris" sure seem to have striking similarities to Alberta road hunting, except we don't do the nervous stalk, we put out our own shooting sticks, and our buddies poke fun at us for shooting "meat bucks"

Anyone else ever notice this?