Thread: Creedmoor
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
The WSM cartridges did not have the high B.C. factory loads, there is no 6.5mm version, and they don't function well in the AR-10 style magazines or actions. They were also not introduced in the long range rifles that are the rage today. In fact those rifles were not nearly as popular when the WSMs were introduced. In short, they were marketed to an entirely different group of shooters. The 26/28 Nosler definitely won't fit the AR-10 based actions/magazines, and again, they are available in few rifles/factory loads, and again, they were marketed to an entirely different market segment. Look at the new rifles at the range, the largest growing market segment is the tactical/long range segment, if you appeal to that segment, you sell more rifles.
You fail to follow my train of thought. You, and others, keep saying it's all marketing, so I asked to see all the ads. No one shows any ads, but you say they send rifles to writers. I said they did the exact same thing for other new cartridges I list.

The CM is chambered in those commando rifles because the round makes sense for those platforms AND equally so for hunting rifles. The 6.5 CM has wide appeal. It just does. The other new cartridges I listed obviously don't.

Why can't you just admit that it is a good round that has wide commercial appeal?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited by sns2; 11-26-2018 at 07:39 PM.