View Single Post
Old 12-09-2018, 12:38 PM

That's good to hear. I had Dean help me bed my vanguard S2 (257 WBY) into a Boyd's AT-ONE stock and we floated the barrel a little in front of recoil lug. The stock needed some inletting on the bolt drop slot and some sanding to get the barrel floated. Dean also cleaned up and chiselled quite a few passes along the shelf where the receiver sits - so it wasn't a simple drop in.

The bedding job is now tight, strong and has an even reveal all the way around - should be a HUGE improvement.

The factory plastic stock that came with the gun had a pressure point at the very front of the stock and it still shot sub moa with factory ammo which I was thrilled using 2/3 factory loads I bought.

I can't wait to get out to the range and see how it shoots. Been on the road all of last week and again this week (and the next) so it might be closer to Christmas before I can test it.

This is my first "cheap" Vanguard but I have to say it shoots just like my Mark V's (all Accumarks BTW) and it's quite impressive for a "low to mid priced" rifle.