View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salavee View Post
It's pretty crowded in both 6mm and 6.5 territory as it is but there always seems to be room for more. For me, I'm going to wait and see what the 6.5 PRC does. If it achieves an honest, uncompromised 3100 with a 143, that would leave little doubt, in my mind anyway. that it will be here to stay. If it is anything like my overbore 6.5/.270WSM was at that 140/3100 + velocity, the barrel makers will keep busy .I think the same may apply to a SAUM based 6.5. There is still a new Sierra 6.5/150 gr to deal with that will prove interesting as well. Maybe the old Swede will have to deal with that one.
The Sherman design pushes the shoulder back, blows out the body taper, longer neck and a 40 degree shoulder allowing longer bullets while still being a true short action. Due to design is extremely efficient, and with quality brass is getting better proven velocities than listed in this thread with other cartridges. Barrel life looks to be very good, again, due to cartridge design. Headstamped quality brass coming out this summer for the 6.5 and 7mm versions, others simply necked up.