View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardBias View Post
I do agree with you on that. I think it's incremental advances in bullet technology driving incremental advances in case design. I won't encourage new shooters or hunters to invest in the specialty cartridges. I however like to play with alleged better mouse traps.
Totally . I was just playing around with Quickload and from all appearances it looks like they may have just hit another homer with this one... just like it's parent case the Ruger RCM and, of course, the CM .If they actually get their advertised velocities, which seems likely, it's going to be a tough one to beat as I see it now. A better mouse trap, as you say.
The hole it fills is small though as it beats the 6.5x55 SE (with modern pressures) by only 100 yd in MV.. Swede at 2810 MV and the PRC 2810 @ 100 yds with 143's. Anyway, it' a nice enough cartridge IMO to get me wanting one anyway, that's for sure. I see Dave Emery has retired after this last launch. He's earned it !