View Single Post
Old 01-15-2024, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aulrich View Post
I love that sucker profile, that looks like a winner.

I got a little sidetracked this winter, and for some reason, I decided to try and build a CNC router. The project did end up causing a bit of project creep but the shop will be better organized in the end. with luck, I will be making chips in the next month or so. I give myself an 80% chance I will be able to do aluminum molds but if that does not work I will for sure be able to make molds out of Corian (countertop plastic) Supposedly the same stuff that Ukrainian mold company uses.

The wife and I are lucky enough to go to Cabo in March so I have to make more saltwater gear. Just started modeling a bottle plug, a popper, and a skipping type are on the list too. This is V1 of the bottle plug a standard surfcasting lure.
That swimbait looks even better in the water. I already have guys bugging me for them but they have to wait till my aluminum mold is ready. I need to design another soft plastic as they have a much faster build time. I am getting plenty of orders for hard baits but the time involved do to drying is a killer

Really need to mix in a few things with faster turnaround times

I have never used the stone molds so can’t speak on them but I definitely prefer aluminum over silicon when it comes the plastics. Good luck with the cnc router

Not big top water guy so not much experience with poppers. What are you targeting in Cabo