View Single Post
Old 01-15-2024, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tullfan View Post
Fish tales is where my wife got me a float the bow fly fishing day last season. It was so much fun. It was my wife's first time. and my first time fly fishing. One of the guys at her plant brought his gear in on night for her to practice casting, lol. She was a natural. Come fishing day she was slaying them, landed a huge rainbow. She tried to not look too happy as it was my day, but there was no hiding it. lol. I got out fished and had a good time doing it. I think we will do it again this year. Our guide was fantastic.
I would assume that for about a $1000 or so I could get gear, waders, tools and such and be done.

Tullfan
Waders is a different beast. If you fish during the summer you just need shoes and swim trunks. If you have bad ankles, knees, balance… good wading boots is a must. There is a range of wader quality and warranty. Spring summer fall breathables are best. Neoprenes are good in the winter.

If money is a key driver then going cheaper on the reel and a templefork rod with a warranty is good. Also buying used.

If fishing a lake and you have a boat you don’t need waders. Lake fishing without a boat you should get a fishcat 4 float tube.

Remember some stud are consumables and get used up. Leader, tippet, flies etc.

Boots last a while.

Waders can be trashed in one trip if you rip them on a Barbwire fence.

Reel and fly line lasts a while.

Rod can break first cast or last a lifetime not breaking. Some of it is bad luck. Some rods have warranty’s. Break a TFO and pay a $ and get a replacement piece and they have a Calgary office.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin