View Single Post
Old 03-08-2008, 03:56 PM

Quote:
So then what does that say about this board?
Jamie, I read on an Internet Message board that all hunters are cruel little men who are killing to compensate for their own insecurity.I didn't mark my ballot based on that information.

This board is just 1 stream of information.(In this case the word Information means Fact,Fiction, Opinion and BS) I would like to think that an adult in our society would look in other places as well as the Internet before undertaking such an important responsibility as voting. There were these things called books once, print and electronic media, attending public meetings, lobby groups, even talking to other people. I suspect some would like the Internet to distill all of this other stuff and package it in a 10 line post that allows them to "be informed" and perhaps the undecided down in Taber, Cardston, Warner are those kind of people?

Quote:
By you saying that, you have admitted the board has no influence and is ineffective.
If the purpose of this board is to influence the constituents of a provincial riding, what would that influence be? There is no consesus, no stated mandate, no spell/grammer check.

Quote:
its a place to sit around and BS with other people who speak the same language as we do.
Jamie
Thats right.