View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 10:29 AM

I decided to adjust the contours of the face and give it different eye sockets. This is why I take my time with my wood prototypes because my plans always change as I carve.

Ok next step is pinning the lip. When your tie point is in the lip it’s always wise to pin it rather then relying on epoxy alone. You want to pin the lip through the nose, through the lexan and just a little into the lower lip.

Cut two pieces of stiff wire long enough to go through the three layers but shorter then the full length of the hole you are going to drill. Mark 2 spots on the nose and mark your drill bit so you don’t go too deep. Cover your wire pins with epoxy push them into the hole so the end is under the surface. Cover your holes with wood filler

Done right between the epoxy and pins that lip will break well before it pulls out. This method is used for species much bigger then are found in Alberta. When I am doing my baits out of resin I actual cast the lip and tie point into the body of this style of bait even. Honestly with just the epoxy you will get by majority of the time but I don’t recommend it

I would rather be overkill then loose a big fish do to failure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk