Thread: Sight advice
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrayford View Post
Yep, you are correct. I read the post a little bit too fast and missed the part of the Anchor Sight being used.

xxclaro, the IQ sight that I use has a Retina Lock and is the same technology that the Anchor Sight uses. As brendan's dad stated above, if you are not using a string peep, you need to adjust the Anchor Sight so that you're own anchor point is so that you are looking "through" the string (essentially blurring out the string close to your eye). With my IQ setup in this fashion, I can shoot all the way out to 100 yards and my arrow / nock / line of pins / string are all in vertical alignment.

I imagine that with an arrow nocked on your string, your line of pins lie to the left of the string & arrow shaft?

J.

You use a peep with that retina lock sight? I was looking at one last year, seems like a good idea.
I've been shooting this Anchor sight for about 6 years now,and have been very happy with it. My only issue is the limited adjustment on some types of sights. I had a 3 pin previously that worked, and the EZ V I have now works too, but I'd like to go to a 5 pin again. I have noticed the vision in my right eye has become somewhat worse over the last few years, that may be a factor in this. I'm going to try to readjust the anchor sight to get slightly closer to the string, maybe that will be enough.