View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Hunter Okotoks View Post
How would you feel if the Cop would have handcuffed you, left you face down in the dirt for an hour, mocked you, falsely arrested you, brought you to jail, then released you hours later at 1:00 am in the rain and refused to drive you home? Would you still be okay with it? Because what happened to the guy in the video is different from what happened to you. In all your cases, you were not handcuffed nor were you brought to jail. At least in your case you matched the description of a wanted criminal, in this guy's case he was guilty of just being at the scene; as was his wife, children, and brother. You were also dealing one on one with individual Officers, not 8-12 amped up Cops all pointing rifles at you and your family. Had it been one Officer who showed up for the call, perhaps it would have been handled differently and without escalation. Police are supposed to be highly trained to deal with extremely volatile situations, surely they could deal with some shirtless guy who just wanted to record what was going on when they have 8-12 Cops on the scene armed and ready.

I also don't see why that female Cop would have felt that it was okay to search your vehicle. Yes drug dealers use baggies, but so do millions of other people for many, many different purposes. I can maybe understand it if you had white powder in the baggie, but not paperwork. Also, I don't know that I would feel so comfortable having a loaded weapon pointed at me just because someone didn't have backup on hand and they are close to retirement.

If someone pointed their gun at me, I don't think that I would be telling them that I hoped they had a better day. But that's just me.
First off, the Police had a shots fired call in this guys situation. Their response was in response to that. Then the guy hung the phone up on them. hmmm

In my first situation I almost got mauled by the police dog along with one step away from being shot. All for matching the height of the person. Not even the same clothes. I understood where he was coming from. It was dark and they were looking for douche bag. (I actually thought I was being mugged thank me lucky charms I didnt run)
I have never been easy with a person pointing a firearm at me. Especially a Police Officer (I know their their level of training and not very impressed).
But when one does this I comply with their directions. Why because I have done nothing wrong. Being resistive to a armed person usually does not end well. Add the stress of a shots fired call an this is the response.

As for the Officer pulling his gun on me because he was alone and close to retirement. He had been attacked 6 or so months earlier during a traffic stop and was almost killed during a simple not so simple traffic stop. So I think he is justified in his actions. As many on here state better to be Judged by 12 then carried by 6.

As for being handcuffed, nope I was not cuffed. ( almost shot and or eaten by the dog) but Nor did I try to run away, film, hang up my phone, roll up my window, yell swear or be biligerant in any way shape of form to the Officers.

being left face down in the dirt may have something to do with the Police having to deal with all the occupants of the house, searching the house along with securing the perimeter. That should only take mere minutes for a expert correct.
being at the station until 1am and not being given a ride home is unfortunate and his Lawyer can go after them for that.

I am willing to bet had his intial response not been to hang up the phone, had he of brought everyone in the house to greet the Police things may have been different. But they were not, things escalated from a high priority shots fired call to a un-coopertive suspect.