View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctd View Post
Its funny one night I was walking home early in the morning. I heard some noise in the bushes then heard stop or the dog will attack, I stumbled I then heard stop or I will shoot put your hands up. I complied with sorry I am slowly moving my hands up.
The Officer identified himself, told me to lift my shirt and turn around slowly. I complied. He had his gun pointed at me and his dog leash in the other one. Once he realized I was not armed he asked the usual where was I going, where did I come from, what was my name and do I have ID. I complied politely with his orders. Turns out there was a sexual assault a few blocks over and I fit the height description of the suspect.

Next Driving down the highway, Police Officer pulls me over. Come over the loud speaker to open my door from the outside, get out slowly with my hands in the air, lift my shirt, slowly turn around. Guess what I complied, no complaining or swearing at the Officer. Turns out he pulled over the wrong truck, he apologized. Oh ya he had his gun pointed at me during this time. When asked why he said his closet back up was 45mins away and traffic stops were getting dangerous an he was to close to retirement to get injured on the job. I shook his hand and went on my way.

Pulled over one night in my car, yup Police had guns out. car fit a description (dark Honda Accord) of a group of people committing B&Es. (mine was Brown). After they approached my car and seeing me alone and in Uniform they apologized. Said have a good night and explained why they pulled me over the way they did.

Driving on the highway, pulled over for speeding 115 in a 110 zone. Officer asks for Reg and Insurance. I reached into the glove box, had the documents in a zip lock bag. She pulls her gun and starts freaking out at me. Saying get out of the truck. I politely said I would but she was blocking my door. She backed away still telling me to get out. I reach for the door handle and she says stop. walks up and asks what in the baggy. I said reg and insurance. She then calms down and eludes to me being a drug dealer. She needs to search my truck. I said sure but I ant no drug dealer. I didnt freak out I complied with her instructions. She realize she messed up a bit. Only searched my glove box looking for joints. I was laughing at this point.

My point in all of these is that If I had of responded similar to what this guy in the original post did I more then likely would of been shot, biting or both. all over misunderstandings. I did not sue, I did not complain. I told them all I hope they have a better day.
How would you feel if the Cop would have handcuffed you, left you face down in the dirt for an hour, mocked you, falsely arrested you, brought you to jail, then released you hours later at 1:00 am in the rain and refused to drive you home? Would you still be okay with it? Because what happened to the guy in the video is different from what happened to you. In all your cases, you were not handcuffed nor were you brought to jail. At least in your case you matched the description of a wanted criminal, in this guy's case he was guilty of just being at the scene; as was his wife, children, and brother. You were also dealing one on one with individual Officers, not 8-12 amped up Cops all pointing rifles at you and your family. Had it been one Officer who showed up for the call, perhaps it would have been handled differently and without escalation. Police are supposed to be highly trained to deal with extremely volatile situations, surely they could deal with some shirtless guy who just wanted to record what was going on when they have 8-12 Cops on the scene armed and ready.

I also don't see why that female Cop would have felt that it was okay to search your vehicle. Yes drug dealers use baggies, but so do millions of other people for many, many different purposes. I can maybe understand it if you had white powder in the baggie, but not paperwork. Also, I don't know that I would feel so comfortable having a loaded weapon pointed at me just because someone didn't have backup on hand and they are close to retirement.

If someone pointed their gun at me, I don't think that I would be telling them that I hoped they had a better day. But that's just me.