Thread: Hunting rights
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 10:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Let's not forget all of the other things that the native people have received that were not specifically mentioned in the treaties. Reading the text of the treaties, I see no mention of access to our universities, hospitals, free medical care in modern hospitals, homes with electricity, running water, central heat, roads to drive on, air strips for remote settlements, community centers with gyms and hockey arenas etc. So in fact, the natives received much more than the things specified in the treaties, meaning that the government has in many ways gone above and beyond to provide more than what was agreed upon. Some will argue that these things are all part of our evolving society and modernization, but then so is the need to regulate hunting to maintain our game populations.
I agree 100% with native hunting rights, just not the methods. I believe only traditional forms of hunting ie. no guns, vehicles, compound bows, horses, roads ect. None of these luxuries were here before the European settlers showed up. Letting people hunt all year, especially when animals are vulnerable, is unethical, poor wildlife management.