View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 08:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmike68 View Post
So if a guy was to get into beer making should I go straight to the Grainfather and skip all the other stuff?
I got into home brewing just over 3 years ago and I jumped into the deep end of the pool right off the bat and opted for all grain as it is the most economical way to go.I hit Wal-Mart and bought 2 large coolers and built my own mash tun/HLT after I ordered an 8 gallon kettle.I built my own immersion chiller as well as a pre-chiller and I got to brewing.Yes my first few brews were not so good but I got it down pretty fast and I was making damn good beer with a kit bashed 3 vessel system.

That being said If the Grainfather was on the market at the time my reaction would be "please take my money and sell me this".The Grainfather is a totally wicked system than not only makes awesome beer it takes up a small foot print for space.The Braumeister is an alternative but it is triple the cost and it does not come with a counterflow chiller.Another option is the Brewha all in one but after I read about a nasty failure with that system I said no way jose'

Another option if you have lots of money is the Brew Easy by Bliccman.....big 2 vessel system that has lots of bling and if you want it electric costs you more....and even more since it is priced in US dollars and then there is shipping cost to consider.

If you want an electric brewing system that you can plug into an outlet in your kitchen next to the sink to feed the counter flow chiller that takes up a very small for print space wise and allows you to step mash and you dont mind spending a grand on it then buy a Grainfather.

Check out some videos on Youtube.The sadly departed Paul Wicksteed of New Zealand did a side by side comparison between the Grainfather and the Braumeister.The Braumeister was easier to use but the Grainfather got better results....plus if you want you can use the Grainfather to distill spirits.

If you want to splurge and by a wicked brewing system I highly suggest the Grainfather.

FTH