View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 10:36 PM

Default Swede

[QUOTE=Quest206;3843846]Over 30 years ago I purchased all the Swedish military 6.5x55 models that were available from SIR mail order. A 96, 38,and M42B Ljungman with bayonets, cleaning equipment, and bullet pouches for just under $200.00 for all three with accessories. I had never heard of the cartridge before but was quick to learn how versatile it was. At the time the only factory ammunition available was Norma 156 gr. soft point and it was pricey. Invested in a set of dies and went to work reloading the empty factory brass ...Quote]

Pretty much my story as well. A M38, then a M42B from SIR in the mid 70's. The Norma ammo was pricey but quality was great. I also bought a case of "gallery" rounds from Milarm. They shot a little copper cup at subsonic speed, great for Grouse.

The 6.5 Swede was the cartridge that started (forced) me into reloading. Favorite hunting bullet is still the 160 gr round nose.

When Ruger brought out the 77 MKII in 6.5x55 I snapped one up. Still one of my go to rifles for hunting.

I have harvested Mulies, White Tails , Moose and a few Yotes over the years with it.