View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 07:50 AM

Default 165 gr fusions

I used to use them,165’s out of my 30-06.
I shot a big wt buck at about 40 yards slightly quartering away. I thought it was a gimmie. I shot him square in the shoulder to anchor him. It did not. He bolted and was running away. I took another shot as he was headed for property I didnt have permission on. I dont like running shots but it was a 100 yards or so and I trust myself. Any way that shot entered his hip, went completely through his body and out the front shoulder.
I recovered both bullets. Ill post a picture of them lster, theyre in my tool box at work. The first was lodged in armpit of broken shoulder. It was just a shell and what looks like molten lead. The second i recovered from off shoulder under the hide. It wasa perfect specimen of what a mushroomed bullet should be. I got a broken hip, two broken shoulders anda lot of burger from that deer. I called Federal and spoke to their guy there and he chalked it up to being too close, and someties it happens. Didnt want to see bullets or anything. I now use partitions and have been much happeier. Pics soon.
Tullfan