View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Hardin View Post
These bears are from the Innisfail Zoo. You have probably seen them before in TV commercials or in movies. They put on a bear show a couple of times a day during the summer and they have more TV and movie credits than many human actors. One has done a couple of Super Bowl commercials. The female trainer has more guts than a slaughterhouse sitting next to the bear while she asks for a kiss and gets it to do tricks for the audience. She has no escape route. The bear is rewarded by her hand feeding it with a satchel full of treats she carries. They do say to the audience the dangers of feeding bears in the wild and not to approach them. They also do a tiger show, however, the tiger trainers work from outside the fence.

If you are ever in the Innisfail area, drop in to visit the zoo, they have quite a variety of animals. It is right next to Hwy 2A within the town limits. They rent golf carts for those who cannot walk distances. Starting this year they will have RV camping on site.

Overall I like the zoo but those Tigers might be one of the saddest sites I've seen. 1 foot deep ruts tracked in there pen, showing the way the pace back and forth all day long. A bullet appears to be a much better answer for those guys......

I've got a picture of myself, wife and my oldest daughter with a giant bear on his hind legs waving to the camera about 4" behind us. Could feel him breathing down my neck. Family didn't think much of it but I was pretty nervous.