View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 03:07 PM

Default Engine BRAKING as well!!!!

I have two Yamaha Grizzlies, both 660's, My Bro had a 660 and now has the 700.

I did have a clutch issue at 5K, not a belt issue, but a clutch issue. ended up getting the bike rebuilt end to end and don't regret it.

Hondas are a solid machine, Most models with a solid rear axle, that beats the crap out of you on a rough day. The swing arm suspension really makes a difference between getting out of a hole and getting off to winch, which is based on my experience riding since 1994. Does your planned Honda purchase have a rear swing arm suspension?

As for the Yamaha CVT, it also does engine braking, which is very handy on hills where you do not want to go into a skid.

Basically, the Suzuki 300 King Quad was the leader in design innovation, but it weighed a solid 550 # because of the gear on gear system. It had front diff lock, bull low, three ranges on the Transmission, etc.

By going to a CVT, other makers copied the 300 King Quad features, gave it a lot more power, and shaved off about 100 pds. Suzuki eventually had to follow suit.

Plain and simple, what kind of riding do you want to do, and is there a chance you need to go that extra distance in rough terrain.

Nothing is completely bullet proof, not even a Honda. Just toss the coin, get out there and see if you are happy afterwards.

Drewski